Re: Robin sez “Ian have you heard the word?

Sujet : Re: Robin sez “Ian have you heard the word?
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 22:24:40
On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 13:08:44 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

https://deadline.com/2024/04/swat-renewed-season-8-cbs-1235882068/

‘S.W.A.T.’ Lives On: Once-Canceled Series Renewed For Season 8 By CBS

By Nellie Andreeva
April 11, 2024 12:00pm
'S.W.A.T.' For Season 8
'S.W.A.T.'
CBS

S.W.A.T. is not ending after all. Beating the odds a second time, the
action drama has been renewed for the 2024-25 season, with Shemar
Moore set to continue as star and executive producer. I hear Season 8
will consist of 22 episodes.

Really? Really??

They're spending umpteen million dollars on the Season 7
episodes, which have focused on giving nice endings to each character.
We've already seen Jim Street move on to head Long Beach SWAT, Luca was
shot but recovered and then retired, and Deacon is also in the midst
of retiring. If the remaining episodes continue this trend, there's not
going to be anyone left for Season 8. (Chris Alonzo left in a previous
season.)

Will Luca and Deke "unretire"? Will Street miss LAPD SWAT and come
back? That wouldn't be awfully credible. Or will Hondo and Tan be the
core of an entirely new team, probably of tough women, to
placate DEI rules? That wouldn't be awfully credible either!

Darn these network executives for not being able to stick to a plan.

I'm betting the new shows coming down the pipeline are so bad that they
realize none of them are likely to get the ratings that S.W.A.T. are
getting so they're back-pedaling like mad on the S.W.A.T. cancellation.

--
Rhino