[OT] Mysterious object that penetrated roof identified

Sujet : [OT] Mysterious object that penetrated roof identified
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 12. Apr 2024, 03:06:11
Earlier this week, a man in Kitchener, Ontario was brushing his teeth
when a largish metallic object weighing about 25 pounds came flying
through his roof and landed very close to him. Initially, he thought
the object might have fallen off an airplane since he lives near the
regional airport but the actual origins of the object have now been
determined:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/solving-the-mystery-of-metal-object-that-hit-kitchener-ont-home-1.6843583

It's not clear if the insurance company is going to accept the claim
for the damage to the home-owner's roof. There's nothing in this
article that suggests the company operating the tree-cutting machine
will face legal consequences for this mishap. It looks as if it is
being treated as "just one of those things"....

I have to admit that I was surprised that the homeowner could imagine
that this artifact could have been an asteroid; he's apparently never
seen a picture of an asteroid.
--
Rhino