Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN

Sujet : Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 13. Apr 2024, 00:21:25
On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 15:20:24 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <20240412175429.000005c9@example.com>,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:33:34 +0000
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

Apparently a show about feudal Japan isn't diverse enough even
though it has hardly any white people-- 'not white' being the
usual definition of 'diversity' in Hollywood.

Now it seems that the definition of 'diversity' is morphing yet
again and it now doesn't matter how many other minorities are in
your show, you still have to have a quota of black people
regardless of whether their presence makes any damn sense or not.

https://medium.com/afrosapiophile/where-are-the-black-people-in-shogun-71fc1
be70ab0

I can hardly wait until the next time they make a series about the
Revolutionary War and find themselves creating black leaders among
the revolutionaries to write the Constitution, lead the Army, etc.
etc. just to placate the DIE crowd....

Well, we all know George Washington was black. Just ask Google's AI
to show you a picture of him.

It would, of course, be a good start if the top general of the Army and
the first President (under the Constitution of 1787) was black but I
can't believe that would be enough for the DIE crowd. I feel sure
they'll insist on *all* of the major figures on the Revolutionary War
side being black - aside from Benedict Arnold who must stay resolutely
white. They'll rationalize this by insinuating that all of them had
slave-owning ancestors raping slave women and it just happened that
Washington and the others "passed" for white so didn't run afoul of the
laws of the day.

--
Rhino