Re: Ping anim

Sujet : Re: Ping anim
De : dtravel (at) *nospam* sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 13. Apr 2024, 02:59:05
On 4/12/2024 12:26 PM, shawn wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:50:35 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

I was going to ask you - and the other Americans in this thread - if
you're all starting to see roundabouts in your area the last few years?
It's not that long ago that we had essentially none in all of southern
Ontario. Now they seem to be the "go to" choice for lots of situations.
I'm not sure why that happened but it's very common now.  I had
understood that roundabouts are extremely rare in the US too but my
friend is hearing that they are springing up all over in the US now.
There was one in that video so maybe he's correct.

Yes, they’re springing up like tumbleweeds. Usually for a stupid reason.
Like a cheerleader barreled through an intersection at three times the
speed limit so they decided they should put roundabout in there. She
wouldn’t have noticed that anymore than she would’ve noticed the stop sign
so she would’ve just hit it and landed on somebody else.

They don’t have any signage, and nobody knows who has the right of way and
so basically they’re freaking dangerous.
 The idea is that supposedly because of that uncertainty people will
drive slower and thus limit the # of accidents and the severity of any
accidents that do happen. Though for people like the cheerleader or
someone who is drunk enough it won't do a thing to stop them.
I don't think that's it.  Tests have shown that a roundabout can handle more traffic than a four-way stop sign intersection.
--
I've done good in this world. Now I'm tired and just want to be a cranky dirty old man.