Re: Ping anim

Sujet : Re: Ping anim
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 13. Apr 2024, 09:32:13
On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 22:27:01 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:24:59 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Yes, they’re springing up like tumbleweeds. Usually for a stupid reason.
Like a cheerleader barreled through an intersection at three times the
speed limit so they decided they should put roundabout in there. She
wouldn’t have noticed that anymore than she would’ve noticed the stop sign
so she would’ve just hit it and landed on somebody else.

They don’t have any signage, and nobody knows who has the right of way and
so basically they’re freaking dangerous.

The vehicle in the round part has the right of way.

Fair enough but what if there are 2 lanes in the round-about?

(If you are driving S from the Canadian border towards I-5 near
Bellingham, WA (S of Vancouver) you will encounter at least 6
roundabouts including one 2-lane version so I wasn't asking a snarky
question)

The roundabouts I'm referring to have signs at each entrance saying
"YIELD when entering roundabout")

LOL. You think people pay attention to signs! LOL.

Right across the street from where I live there are multiple lanes of
traffic the rightmost lane set up for incoming traffic. No stop sign
or stop light for them, just a yield sign for oncoming traffic to keep
things flowing since in the morning all the traffic tends to be
merging to the right and in the evening we see the same thing in the
opposite direction.

Yet every day I will see people who either treat the yield sign as a
STOP sign and hold up traffic or treat it as though it wasn't there
and come close to hitting someone. Usually a few times a month there
will be an accident there where someone didn't pay attention to the
oncoming traffic.

So I expect the same would happen with a YIELD sign put up at the
entrance to any roundabout.