Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-12 (Friday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-12 (Friday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 14. Apr 2024, 07:39:18
On 4/13/2024 6:23 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 4/13/24 5:34 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

On 4/13/2024 3:57 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
On 4/13/2024 8:41 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

What did you watch?

(I am working on IMDb stuff right now, so I will follow-up to myself a
little later...)

I watched:

The Birds (blu-ray) 1963 movie directed by Alfred Hitchcock about a
small town being terrorized by birds that keep attacking for no reason.
I could have sworn this movie was in black and white and was shocked
when it was in color. My best guess is the last time I watched it was
maybe 40 or so years ago on a black and white TV.  Either that or I just
flat out forgot it was in color.  Regardless, the movie holds up well
enough.  I just have one more Hitchcock movie to go, then I think I will
have watched all the ones I want to watch.

Which one do you have left to go?

Perhaps more importantly, which do you intend to skip?

I have a Hitchcock blu-ray box set.  A while back I watched: Rope, Rear Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, and Dial M For Murder (off of TCM).  Time really flies!  I could have sworn I watched these a year or less ago, but it was actually 2 years ago.  Yesterday I watched The Birds and today I'm watching my Psycho 4K box set.

In the Hitchcock blu-ray box set that I didn't watch: Marnie, Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, The Trouble with Harry, Torn Curtain, Topaz, Frenzy, and Family Plot.  I'm not sure if I've seen any of these before.  I'm vaguely aware of the plot of The Trouble with Harry, but that doesn't mean I seen it before.  Same goes for "Frenzy."  Although if they did a remake, *maybe* I saw the remake.  I really don't know for sure.  The set also includes 7 episodes of Hitchcock Presents and 3 episodes of The Hitchcock Hour.  I don't know which episodes are included.
 You can skip "The 39 Steps", that's for sure!!

As an aside, something very weird has been going on with my news reader for a long while.  One of the issues I occasional experience is when I click on a post it shows as if someone else sent it.  That's not something that's easy to catch, but it happens to my posts too.  The only way I knew for sure this posted is because you responded to it.  On my end, I could see it was sent, but couldn't see the actual post. Every time I clicked it Ian's post appeared instead.  It's getting worse and worse, I click on one person's post but someone else's' post appears. I'm going to have uninstall and reinstall Thunderbird or maybe use a different newsreader.  This is getting out of hand.
 Are you Mac, or PC?
 I would definitely check for updates, and if no update is available, try a reinstall.

PC.  At some point I'll probably dedicate some time to a proper trouble shoot and reinstall.