‘I will not have any jurors intimidated’: Trump admonished by judge on day two of criminal case

Sujet : ‘I will not have any jurors intimidated’: Trump admonished by judge on day two of criminal case
De : Phil3487 (at) *nospam* yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (The_LA_Flash)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 18. Apr 2024, 08:26:55
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-judge-court-jury-intimidation-b2529790.html

Trump is like an 80 year old baby...

The Manhattan judge presiding over Donald Trump’s hush money trial
slammed the former president for “audibly” commenting about a juror
and “gesticulating” towards her.

“I won’t tolerate it. I will not have any jurors intimidated in this
courtroom,” said an incensed New York Justice Juan Merchan. “I want to
make that crystal clear.”

The former president’s legal team, after questioning a first-round of
potential jurors who could deliver a verdict against him, asked to
speak with one potential juror who appeared to post a video on social
media showing New Yorkers celebrating. Defence attorney Todd Blanche
said it appeared to be anti-Trump.

She said regardless of her political views or allegations about them,
she affirmed that she would remain a fair and impartial juror if
brought on to the case.

After she left the room, the judge lambasted the former president,
sitting beside his attorneys as a criminal defendant, for his
“audible” comments and for “gesticulating” towards her.

“I don’t want a juror on this panel who lies to us, who misleads us as
to his or her views” about Mr Trump, the judge said, adding that be
believed the juror remained credible.