Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN

Sujet : Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN
De : fredp1571 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (FPP)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 19. Apr 2024, 15:07:06
On 4/18/24 12:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <uvrgi4$2bcsg$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 4/17/24 2:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <uvogdg$1jt55$4@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 4/16/24 3:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <uvlsre$v26u$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 4/12/24 3:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

Apparently a show about feudal Japan isn't diverse enough even though
it has hardly any white people-- 'not white' being the usual definition
of 'diversity' in Hollywood.

Now it seems that the definition of 'diversity' is morphing yet again
and it now doesn't matter how many other minorities are in your show,
you still have to have a quota of black people regardless of whether
their presence makes any damn sense or not.

https://medium.com/afrosapiophile/where-are-the-black-people-in-shogun-7
1fc1be70ab0

Guess we need another history lesson. Yes, there were black people
living in Japan in 1600 (and before). We don't see them in SHOGUN for
two reasons.

1) They were, statistically insignificant in number.
2) SHOGUN is based on real historical figures and events that took place
in Osaka on the Island of Honshu.

So bitching about no black people in SHOGUN is stupid, like I said.

You're so obsessed with refuting everything I say that you no longer
even notice when you're agreeing with me.

I didn't "refute" anything.  I explained to you exactly why you won't
see any black people in SHOGUN.

Did you have a stroke and somehow think I was the author of the Medium
article that was complaining about no blacks in SHOGUN?

If not, I can't imagine why you thought I needed an amateur historian
lecture on Japanese history.

Well, let's see who posted the original thread, shall we?

Well, well, well... lookey there!  You started the thread... so who the
fuck am I supposed to reply to, dimwit?
 No one, since I AGREED that there wouldn't be any black people in
SHOGUN. It's the blacktivist author of the Medium article that I cited
and which I was CRITICIZING who said otherwise.
 Jeezus, this is shit a 2-year-old can comprehend.

No one?  New rules?
So I don't get to say anything because I agree with you?
You just buy Usenet, did you?
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0