Re: 'Ripley' (no spoilers)

Sujet : Re: 'Ripley' (no spoilers)
De : fredp1571 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (FPP)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 20. Apr 2024, 10:20:27
On 4/19/24 12:04 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/19/2024 5:34 AM, trotsky wrote:
On 4/18/24 5:15 PM, moviePig wrote:

In Patricia Highsmith's classic thriller, a young man cons his way into a wealthy American family traveling in Italy.  Among other considerable assets, 'Ripley', a new 6-part series from Netflix, reminds us how compelling black-and-white cinematography can be. Highly recommended.

I just resubscribed to Netflix for the first time in many years. I hate it already but I'll watch this before I cancel.
 While you're there, 'The Tourist' is a pretty fair thriller, the new second season of which I'm just starting.

First season was a good watch.  A lot of the mystery is missing from the second. though.
There's a collection of awfully odd characters in the second.  It was worth watching, but it does suffer a bit from the location.
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0