Re: Two More Stars Leave Hallmark For Great American Media

Sujet : Re: Two More Stars Leave Hallmark For Great American Media
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 21. Apr 2024, 01:23:14
On 4/20/24 3:46 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 4/17/24 11:39 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 4/17/24 9:26 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

Two more popular stars from the Hallmark channel have left the network and
followed Candace Cameron Bure to Great American Media, which includes the
Great American Family channel.

In May, Carlos PenaVega and Alexa PenaVega will appear in the movie “Mr.
Manhattan” on the streaming site Great American Pure Flix, part of the Great
American Media company, Deadline magazine reported.

“Carlos and Alexa are audience favorites and beloved for their commitment to
family on and off the screen, which is the foundation of Mr. Manhattan,” Bill
Abbott, President & CEO of Great American Media, said.

“And we are excited about a number of additional projects in development with
these two enormously talented actors,” he added.

[heart] Welcome to the #GreatAmericanMedia Family, @TheCarlosPena &
@alexavega! #MrManhattan @PureFlix https://t.co/P0irbCBIlB

— Great American Family (@GAfamilyTV) April 11, 2024

GAK

Hallmark seems to be in the process of being "hollowed out" in much the
same way Lifetime is being.

Lifetime used to have a mixed stable of very prominent to semi-prominent
(think Gina Holden) "go-to" actress to headline their movies. But lately
I have noticed that Lifetime has almost entirely gone to basically
"nobodies" to headline their flicks. I mean, in some cases, it will be
somebody you will recognize from another recent Lifetime flick. But
other times, the headliner will be no one you have ever seen before (and
will likely never see again, either!).

The days of Gina Holden headlining a bunch of their films seem to be
over.

I think the days of Gina, Holden herself may be over. She’s got one credit
in the last two years and nothing coming up. And come next St. Patrick’s
Day she’ll be 50.

In thinking it over, I think Lifetime has kind of had Natalie Brown (one
of their few prominent "repeat performers" of the last few years) take
over Holden's place in their lineup...

Ian  (Though Holden herself has done a movie for them in the last year
or so...)
 Catfish murder?
 Serious question, how could I tell from IMDb that that was lifetime?
 From IMDb:
Distributors
     Champlain Media (2023) (Canada)
     Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) (2023) (United States) (tv)
     Reel One Entertainment (2023) (United States)
     Reel One International (2023) (Non-US)