Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 21. Apr 2024, 01:59:44
On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 4/20/24 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

RM: The programming list for Monday through Friday will be posted later tonight.

         Saturday, April 20

My Child Has My Doctor's Face     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Young Henry is the light of Jessica and Dylan’s life, but when Jessica discovers that his biological father is actually their fertility doctor, Dr. Bellamy, she teams up with another one of the doctor’s clients to bring him to justice before he can destroy any more families. Stars Natalie Polisson [Jessica], Daniel O'Reilly [Dr. Bellamy], Jason Tobias [Dylan] and Kelsey Fordham [other client].

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31187510/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-child-has-my-doctors-face

I've decided to skip this - I think I'd rather watch "Night Swim" off Peacock (in Glorious 4k!?!) tonight.

But a Lifetime flick not starring anyone I care about (or have ever heard of!) counts heavily against subject matter that I also am not interested it! IOW: pass!

Falling in Love in Niagara       (movie)       (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

After her fiancé leaves her before their wedding, Madeline goes to Niagara Falls to honeymoon without him. There, she reconnects with her adventurous side, learns to let go, and finds new love. Stars Jocelyn Hudon and Dan Jeannotte.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-in-love-in-niagara

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31727947/

I like Hudon, but even the ads make this look dreadful. (IOW, there's no way to make Niagara look "good"!!)

         Sunday, April 21

Have You Seen My Son?      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When a mother convicted of a horrible crime is released from prison, she’s determined to find out where her child vanished to while she was away. But when her journey leads her down a winding path that puts her life in danger, she realizes that finding the truth might come at the cost of her freedom. Stars Sarah Smyth and Catherine Lough Haggquist.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/have-you-seen-my-son

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833223/    [as "My Kidnapped Son"]

Yeah, I will likely watch this.

What Would You Do?      (season 16 finale)       (10 pm, ABC)

Not watch this dreadful show!!
 Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?
UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal - IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but it's rare.)

For that matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name change?
A few. But very few.
When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly got out of doing them as a result.
They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure any of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a "series"!!)

Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:
 https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans
OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got past one movie.
But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...

And they are Hallmark Mystery, not Hallmark Mystery Channel as I was thinking.
 --Robin