Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 26. Apr 2024, 18:37:03
On 4/26/2024 5:51 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 4/26/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?
 I had to finish a pestiferous online training yesterday, so I only got through two things on TV:
 Fallout (Prime) - "The Trap" (ep. #1.6). No Norm or Vault 33 this episode.
    At first, Maximus wants out of the vault they're in, Vault 4, but Lucy wants to stay a while. However, Lucy begins investigating the vault after meeting its overseer (Chris Parnell), who is a cyclops!! Lucy is shocked and disgusted by what she finds. Meanwhile, Maximus is soon "bought off" by the comforts of life in the vault.
    The Ghoul is captured by some thuggy "lawmen" in the employ a self-proclaimed "president" of New California (Glenn Fleshler). But The Ghoul ultimately overpowers them. We also get some more flashbacks of him when he was Howard, before the bombs dropped. We are shown that Moldaver was also alive 200 years ago, and was organizing against Vault-Tec even back then.
 Fatal Fixer Upper (LMN) - This was very "mid" for a Hybrid flick - it was far from their worst one (my vote for that is probably "The Wrong Real Estate Agent", which was so bad that AFAICT Lifetime has only aired it once, unlike nearly all of the other "Wrong" flicks that have aired multiple time since premiering!), but it still wasn't very good.
    One the plus side, Jasmine Aivaliotis did look supes-cute in this, despite one or two ridiculous outfits they put her in.
    Meanwhile, Dorian Gregory had, I think, all of two scenes in this, despite playing Aivaliotis father(?) - he doesn't show up at all throughout the end of the film, after Aivaliotis' character has figured out the original homeowner is a psycho! (You would think she would have told her dad about this!!)

I have to wonder which do they come up with first, the title, or the plot.

 What did you watch?

I watched:
Star Trek: Discovery - "Mirrors" - An episode set in the mirror universe that doesn't show any mirror universe characters.  Meh!!!  :-/
Chucky - "There Will Be Blood" - I just noticed that every episode title this season is a movie title.  Anyway, the White House Chief of staff is dealing with the fallout (literally) of Chucky launching a nuke last episode which he has to explain to the public while also faking (or not) the fake President's death and bringing in a supernatural expert to help deal with the White House's Chucky problem.  And since Chucky actually died last episode, Brad Dourif gets to guest star as the ghost of Charles Lee Ray.  Since when has being dead ever stopped Chucky from killing people?!?  With so much going on, I almost forgot they *also* needed to deal with Tiffany's pending execution.