Re: News: OMG! - NCIS: HAWAI-EYE-EYE Cancelled by CBS After 3 Seasons!

Sujet : Re: News: OMG! - NCIS: HAWAI-EYE-EYE Cancelled by CBS After 3 Seasons!
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 27. Apr 2024, 20:17:00
On 4/27/24 10:42 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 4/27/24 7:44 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:15:46 -0700
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

As per Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-hawaii-canceled-cbs-no-season-4-1235896481/

I certainly did not expect this! I figured they'd string the show out
for another 2-4 years, easy...

I wonder if this article, accessible from the one you posted, explains
what happened?

https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-hawaii-cast-reacts-cbs-cancellation-vanessa-lachey-ll-cool-j-1235897052/

It seems that at least some of the cast thought the point
of the show was to "represent" rather than entertain. Maybe the
audience got tired of having DEI shoved down their throats? Although
the ratings were not awful, they might have been that much better if
they focused more on story-telling and less on the gender and ethnicity
of the characters.

Sheesh

So they thought having a woman of color leading the team made them cancel
proof?

Also, the NCIS Perth team is led by a woman of color so at worst they’ve
just broken even.

Lemme see - "Hawai-Eye-Eye" has Tori Anderson in the cast. "Sydney" has
Georgina Haig, but only as a recurring villain. I think the advantage
here would go to "Hawai-Eye-Eye".

Ian  (Hopefully this frees Anderson up to appear in stuff I'll actually
want to watch!...)
 Anderson is the one shooting off her idiot mouth about this being “a huge
loss for representation”. I would think that alone would keep you from
wanting to watch her in anything else.
She's Canadian - they are terminal woke and stupid now.
But I'd still watch a new show with her, esp. if she plays a slutty vamp!!  ;p