Re: TV news for April 20-27, 2024

Sujet : Re: TV news for April 20-27, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 27. Apr 2024, 23:28:15
On 4/27/24 1:55 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

     CBS news
  ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Star Vanessa Lachey “Gutted”, “Blindsided” By Series Cancellation; Cast & Creators React – Update  (April 27)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-hawaii-cast-reacts-cbs-cancellation-vanessa-lachey-ll-cool-j-1235897052/
  ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Canceled By CBS: Franchise’s First Female-Led Series Ending After 3 Seasons  (April 26)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-hawaii-canceled-cbs-no-season-4-1235896481/
Anim said: I beat Robin! I beat Robin!!  :)
(The competition continues!)

‘Tracker’ Casts Jensen Ackles In Justin Hartley Series ­ Airdate & Storyline Revealed With First-Look Photo ­ Update  (April 26)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/tracker-jensen-ackles-cast-justin-hartley-series-1235895583/
  Tracker: Manifest’s Melissa Roxburgh Cast as Colter’s Sister Dory (April 16)
 https://tvline.com/casting-news/tracker-season-1-cast-melissa-roxburgh-colter-shaw-sister-dory-1235200892/
[roll]
Well someone around here can tell me if anything comes of this...

‘The Equalizer’ Renewed For Season 5 By CBS, ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Still In Limbo  (April 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-equalizer-renewed-season-5-ncis-hawaii-cbs-1235893352/
Well, I guess Arthur will be happy.

‘FBI: International’ Casts Colin Donnell In Final 2 Episodes Of Season 3 Following Luke Kleintank’s Exit  (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/fbi-international-colin-donnell-cast-luke-kleintank-exit-1235894184/
I didn't even know he was leaving.
But this is YA main cast member leaving either "International" and "Most Wanted" - these two shows have had some of the highest turnover for relative new series that I have ever seen! (And the L&O reboot is nearly as bad!)

‘Blue Bloods’ Stars Donnie Wahlberg & Bridget Moynahan “Upset And Sad” That Series Is Ending: “We’ve Created Such A Family On Set”  (April 23)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/blue-bloods-donnie-wahlberg-bridget-moynahan-series-ending-1235893129/
Total puff piece.  [roll]

‘So Help Me Todd’ Creator & Cast React To Series Cancellation [updated] (April 20)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/so-help-me-todd-creator-reacts-cbs-cancellation-skylar-astin-1235890675/
This is the one show CBS almost certainly should have not cancelled...

     CW news
  The CW Renewal Status Report: ‘All American,’ ‘Homecoming’ & ‘Walker’ (April 22)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/cw-canceled-renewed-all-american-homecoming-walker-status-1235889923/
Yeah, that article just proves it's not a "network".
But, from that, I get that "All-American" will almost certainly end, the spinoff will surely get cancelled, and the studio will almost certainly scrub "Walker" (or move it elsewhere) because The CW has so nickel-and-dimed them.
IOW, it is very likely the last of the "true" CW shows will be gone come fall.
(And FUCK The CW for not working to renew "The Spencer Sisters"!...)

     NBC news
  ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Moving To Peacock For Season 5  (April 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/law-order-organized-crime-renewed-season-5-peacock-move-1235894492/
It's such a weird move...

     Cable channel news
  ‘Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘10,000 Ships’ Revealed To Be About Queen Nymeria In A Moses-Inspired Story  (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/game-of-thrones-spinoff-10000-ships-queen-nymeria-moses-inspired-story-1235894250/
 RM: HBO passed on this.
Yep.

     Streaming service news--Apple TV+
  Maria Bakalova & 3 Others Join Apple’s Action Adventure Pic ‘Mayday’ (April 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/maria-bakalova-joins-mayday-movie-clark-johnson-more-also-set-1235895204/
 ["Details as to the film’s plot and their roles are under wraps"]
I hate it when they do this shit - How/Why are we supposed to care when they won't even tell us what the show is about?!...

     Streaming service news--Max
  Kevin Spacey Doc Series Picked Up By Max In U.S. As First Trailer Revealed  (April 26)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/channel-4-kevin-spacey-doc-max-trailer-1235896256/
:|

     Streaming service news--Netflix
  ‘XO, Kitty’ Adds 3 To Season 2 Cast As Production Begins [Netflix] (April 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/xo-kitty-season-2-cast-1235895118/
 >:/

Netflix Medical Drama ‘Pulse’ Adds Néstor Carbonell, Santiago Segura, Ash Santos, Jessica Rothe & Arturo Del Puerto  (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/netflix-pusle-nestor-carbonell-santiago-segura-ash-santos-jessica-rothe-arturo-del-puerto-1235893755/
Those are some good additions. But nobody gets The Netflix...

‘Baby Reindeer’ Star & Creator Richard Gadd Has Message For Viewers: “Please Don’t Speculate On Who Any Of The Real Life People Could Be” (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/baby-reindeer-richard-gadd-message-viewers-speculate-real-life-identities-1235894129/
Another Netflix series that I have absolutely no interest in...

‘Wednesday’ Season 2: Everything We Know About The Cast, Premiere Date & More  (April 23)
 https://deadline.com/feature/wednesday-season-2-everything-we-know-1235796717/
Again, remember: This show's first season was in *2022*, folks!

‘Atlas’ Trailer: Jennifer Lopez Is Humanity’s Only Hope In Brad Peyton’s Sci-Fi Action Film For Netflix  (April 23)
 https://deadline.com/video/atlas-trailer-jennifer-lopez-movie-netflix/
We are so f***ed!!

Netflix Boards TV Adaptation Of ‘A Good Girl’s Guide To Murder’ Starring ‘Wednesday’s Emma Myers  (April 22)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/netflix-boards-a-good-girls-guide-to-murder-emma-myers-1235891367/
 ["'A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder' follows Pip Fitz-Amobi (Myers), who is investigating the death of a schoolgirl five years ago. Andie Bell was deemed to have been murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh but smart and single-minded Pip isn’t so sure and she’s determined to prove it."]
Damn. Another one I might have checked out. But - Nobody gets The Netflix...

     Streaming service news--Peacock
  ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Brings Back Kristian Alfonso For Brief Return To Pay Tribute To Late Bill Hayes [Peacock]  (April 22)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/days-of-our-lives-brings-back-kristian-alfonso-tribute-late-bill-hayes-1235892153/
OK...
(It's about time they finally worked in his death into the show.)

     Streaming service news--Other services
  Nacelle Company Unscripted Series ‘Billy Corgan’s Adventures In Carnyland’ Sets Premiere Date  (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/billy-corgans-adventures-in-carnyland-sets-premiere-date-at-cw-1235892596/
 ["an eight-episode unscripted series that’s set to premiere on The CW app and cwtv.com on May 14th. ... Directed by Volk-Weis and Ian Roumain, the series pulls back the curtain on how the legendary frontman of alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins takes on the world."]
Oh, gawd, no.

     International series news
  ‘Beyond Paradise’ Renewed For Season 3 Plus Christmas Special By BBC & BritBox  (April 26)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/beyond-paradise-renewed-bbc-season-3-christmas-special-1235896293/
Has this even premiered in the U.S. yet for suzeeq and Anim?!...

‘Run The Burbs’ Canceled After 3 Seasons  (April 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/run-the-burbs-canceled-no-season-4-the-cw-1235895654/
Well, another CW import goes down the drain...

Long-Running ITV Drama ‘Vera’ To End After 14 Seasons  (April 22)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/vera-end-14-seasons-brenda-blethyn-1235891659/
Knew it existed, but have never seen it...

     Series in development
  Sam Raimi Teams With ‘10 Cloverfield Lane’ Scribes Campbell & Stuecken On ‘I’m The Grim Reaper’ Series  (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/sam-raimi-im-the-grim-reaper-campbell-stuecken-1235894296/
 ["'I’m the Grim Reaper' centers on Scarlet, a young woman who wakes up in the ninth circle of hell with no idea how she got there. Satan offers to send Scarlet back to Earth if she’ll work as his reaper. But it doesn’t take long for Scarlet to realize that Satan’s offer is even worse than she feared. The story slots perfectly into Raimi’s wheelhouse, striking a deft balance between scares, gore and humor."]
Could be promising, depending on who they cast...

     Ratings
  ‘Rebel Moon ­ Part Two: The Scargiver’ Tops Netflix’s Film Chart As ‘Baby Reindeer’ Stalks To Top Of TV List  (April 23)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/zack-snyder-rebel-moon-scargiver-netflix-charts-1235892943/
Boy, after Arthur's review...  [shaking head]

     The business of TV
  Writers Guild Of Canada “Overwhelmingly” Votes To Authorize Strike Action, CMPA Says “Labor Dispute Would Be Extremely Damaging” To Industry  (April 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/writers-guild-canada-vite-authorize-strike-action-cmpa-1235894681/
Guess no one is going to be producing in Canada anymore!!

Hollywood Contraction Hits Star TV Packages: “It’s A Head-Scratcher” (April 24)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/hollywood-contraction-star-tv-packages-1235880727/
Let's be real: TV and movie stars have been overpaid for decades.

     Other News
  ‘Judge Judy’ Repeats & ‘Hot Bench’ Renewed Through 2025-26 In Syndication  (April 26)
 https://deadline.com/2024/04/judge-judy-hot-bench-renewed-syndication-1235896602/