Re: The Alec Baldwin Left Hook

Sujet : Re: The Alec Baldwin Left Hook
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 28. Apr 2024, 20:12:48
On Apr 28, 2024 at 3:19:10 AM PDT, "trotsky" <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

On 4/27/24 2:02 PM, moviePig wrote:
 On 4/27/2024 1:45 PM, trotsky wrote:
 On 4/27/24 11:01 AM, moviePig wrote:
 On 4/27/2024 4:19 AM, trotsky wrote:
 On 4/26/24 2:03 PM, moviePig wrote:
 On 4/26/2024 1:30 PM, trotsky wrote:
 On 4/26/24 11:25 AM, moviePig wrote:
 On 4/26/2024 4:40 AM, trotsky wrote:
 On 4/25/24 1:53 PM, moviePig wrote:
 On 4/25/2024 12:59 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
 On Apr 23, 2024 at 2:49:02 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk"
 <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

 moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
   On 4/23/2024 1:04 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
   BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

   For once I'm on Alec's side. This girl deserved a
 Baldwin Shot to the jaw.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1782537868654592000/pu/vid/avc1/320x568/fUPEunTyWUNbP57L.mp4?tag=12
   https://apple.news/A9M48T4LsTYOCvCmG3eY14Q
   "The agitator, who hosts a show on social media called
 Crackhead Barney &
   Friends and is known for ambush interviews"

https://www.bowiecreators.com/project/crackhead-barney-and-friends-nyc-interview-fds-festival-performance-lausanne
   "shooting and killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on
 the RUST movie
   set in 2021 using a gun he did not know was loaded."
   Nice to know they've made that determination.
   "This material may not be published, broadcast,
 rewritten, or
   redistributed."
   There's dissonance in a law that forbids him from striking
 her but says
   nothing about her emphatically asking for it.
 The article says he hit her phone, not her.

 But then the article also says he didn’t know the gun was
 loaded.

 Do you realize how much of an obnoxious, stupid, blithering,
 idiot scumbag you
 have to be to make Alec Baldwin seem sympathetic; to create a
 video that makes
 me feel sorry for Alec Baldwin? 'Cause usually when I watch an
 Alec Baldwin
 video, the emotions I'm accustomed to feeling are irritation,
 revulsion,
 scorn. I didn't think it was possible for someone to do or say
 anything that
 would make me side with Alec Baldwin, but here we are.

 In any interaction with Alec Baldwin, you automatically get
 the benefit of the
 doubt because you are not Alec Baldwin and he is. In order to
 squander that
 advantage, you have to go out of your way to be as unpleasant
 as humanly
 possible. And she managed to do it in less than a minute. I
 mean, really,
 quite an achievement.

 It was almost reminiscent of BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE's finale,
 where Michael Moore hounds gun-advocate Charlton Heston around
 his own home. Later we learned that Heston was dealing with
 Alzheimer's, but even on its own the scene undercuts any humane
 aspect to Moore's message.

 I mean really, you can convolute the fuck out of things but to
 whine about a fuckhead who smiles about people being required to
 pry the gun out of his "cold dead hands" (or skeletal bones, as
 the case may now be) vs the granddaddy of mass shootings is out
 of whack even by your standards.  How do you put two and two
 together and keep coming up with fifty million?

 The point is that Moore's visible torture of a decrepit old man
 evoked an instinctive viewer-response that transcended
 policy/politics.  It was a simple failure of technique, costly to
 his persuasiveness.

 Speak for yourself.  Just because you are sympathetic to an
 asshole doesn't mean the bulk of the audience was.  The reviewers
 weren't either.  The NRA transformed themselves into a bunch of
 sick fucks, and Heston was the head asshole before he did us the
 favor of dying. Fuck you for even thinking that and being in full
 dipshit mode.  I used to hang out with a guy who owned guys and I
 remember watching this thing they showed kids with a character
 called Eddie Eagle, teaching kids about gun safety.  The NRA had
 merit then, that was back in the early 90s.  Then they reinvented
 themselves into a lobbying organization so the gun industry could
 profit by selling more and more guns.  They are scum.  If you
 don't get this I feel sorry for you.

 I suppose this becomes a matter of how one feels about torture.

 It's not that hard to make a distinction between harassment and
 torture.   Try harder.  I know you know what the words actually mean
 so stop fucking around.

 The distinction is a matter of degree.  What's the same is the motive.

 And you're claiming that to be what?  Because what I'm hearing is your
 thoughts are so fucked up and twisted that you think Chuck Heston's
 treatment was more heinous than the massacre at Columbine.

 Without any material (and, even then, likely dubious) aim, torture and
 harassment are merely about delighting in causing someone pain.

was just a doddering old fool at that point and just lucked out by being
President of the biggest lobbying organization in the history of
Washington.

LOL! The NRA is not and never has been bigger than the Left's Big Labor
unions, Hutt, you delusional fuckwit.