Re: TV news for April 20-27, 2024

Sujet : Re: TV news for April 20-27, 2024
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 29. Apr 2024, 06:34:43
On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:47:32 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article
<284824349.736046839.051091.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
On Apr 27, 2024 at 3:02:16 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

On 4/27/24 1:55 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

Netflix Boards TV Adaptation of A GOOD GIRL'S GUIDE TO MURDER Starring
WEDNESDAY's Emma Myers (April 22)

[A GOOD GIRL'S GUIDE TO MURDER follows Pip Fitz-Amobi (Myers), who is
investigating the death of a schoolgirl five years ago. Andie Bell was
deemed to have been murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh but smart and
single-minded Pip isn't so sure and she's determined to prove it.]

Damn. Another one I might have checked out. But - Nobody gets The
Netflix...

And if they did, they'd be sick of the commercials

I just bit the bullet and paid for the ad-free tier on YouTube. I realized
I was watching more YouTube than just about anything else these days and
the commercials there are the most obnoxious ever invented. They literally
interrupt people in mid-sentence for a screaming ad about Ford trucks or
Febreeze or something. Just enraging.

Is this the YouTube service that has some sort of virtual built-in DVR?
Obvious has been trying to get me to sign up for that.

No, that's YouTubeTV. The thing I signed up for is YouTube+.

Yep, YouTubeTV is the equivalent of DirectTV for the Internet as it
carries all the familiar channels, just delivered over the Internet.
Supposedly for less, but there's also a streaming version of DirecTV
available as well as a number of other services that do the same
thing.

Youtube Premium (which I assume is what you meant to say) is the ad
free version of Youtube and Youtube Music. It also gives you a means
to download videos for watching off line.

Writers Guild of Canada "Overwhelmingly" Votes to Authorize Strike
Action, CMPA Says "Labor Dispute Would be Extremely Damaging" to
Industry (April 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/writers-guild-canada-vite-authorize-strik
e-action-cmpa-1235894681/

Guess no one is going to be producing in Canada anymore!!

The whole reason they have an industry was to get around the unions.
They've just cut their own throats to use the blood to sign their own
death warrants.

Exactly what I thought. What's the point of dragging all your actors and
crews to Canadia and making them live apart from their families if they
now have to deal with the same union crap as they do in L.A.?

The big question is what new country will production head for now? It Hass
to be somebody handing out hookers and blow freely.

Yes, please!