Re: stupid TV commercials

Sujet : Re: stupid TV commercials
De : dannyb (at) *nospam* panix.com (danny burstein)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 29. Apr 2024, 22:00:31
In <gguv2j1diffd8afj7iv1k3ku0d30q259mt@4ax.com> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:40:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.

"Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!"

I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn't.

I would hate to be decimated too. No telling which tenth part of me
would be gone.

Reminds me, it does, of the late David Rothenberg.  He
was set on fire by his father and... was in horrible shape,
to put it mildly.

Once he miraculously recovered and continued on with life,
he was a periodic guest on, unn, either Howard Stern
or Imus...

Anyway, he'd mention how only ten percent of his body
hadn't been burned, and then would discuss, umm, let's
simply say it wasn't for children...

hmm, can't find any writeups online mentioning his
radio appearances, but here's some general background:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dave

dannyb recalls Dave's mom in an interview saying
something like "my son may look horrible to you,
but seeing him alive right now is the most beuatiful
image I've ever had".

     dannyb@panix.com