Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

Sujet : Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 01. May 2024, 06:17:20
In article <20240430231553.000043f8@example.com>,

On Wed, 01 May 2024 02:20:20 +0000
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people
they approve of and barring access to a significant part of the
campus to anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish
students.

Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the
UCLA police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens
of federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:

https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033

Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and
facilities they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police
and/or administration would be sitting on their hands then?

But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the
Jews based on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound
Nazi-esque or anything.

And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four
years braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

More of the same staggering hypocrisy that they've been practicing for
years now. I think we would be a lot better off defunding the
universities than the police at this point. We also need to put serious
pressure on the authorities to disallow this sort of flagrant
segregation. That means calls to the people in charge and civil suits
if the phone calls aren't enough. Hamas cannot be in charge of the
campuses, much as they seem to want that. (We're having some campus
occupations by the Hamas lovers on this side of the border too.)

I love that the same people who are organizing and funding the far left
riots on universities in the northeast, went down to Florida and tried
the same thing and they faculty and students sent them packing.