Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

Sujet : Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 02. May 2024, 21:49:26
atropos@mac.com wrote:
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people they
approve of and barring access to a significant part of the campus to
anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish students.

Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the UCLA
police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens of
federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:

https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033

Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
someone his civil rights?

Shudder

I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.

I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
as being with them or against them.

Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and
facilities they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police
and/or administration would be sitting on their hands then?

Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.

Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
*under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.

I'd settle for forcing them go on a starvation diet, a _real_ starvation
diet.

--
Let's go Brandon!