Re: the Republican anti-anti-Semitism on college campuses bill

Sujet : Re: the Republican anti-anti-Semitism on college campuses bill
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 03. May 2024, 00:25:05
On Thu, 2 May 2024 22:05:00 -0000 (UTC)
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

Thu, 2 May 2024 17:37:44 -0000 (UTC) Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com>:

. . .

Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia) opposed the legislation on
religious grounds. Do I look to her for leadership on religion or
anything at all? She wrote that she would not vote for the law
because it "could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing
the gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified
by the Jews." This has been used as justification for violence
against Jews over the centuries.

I could really benefit from some facts here. My knowledge of the
details from either a Christian or Jewish perspective is extremely
limited here.

My knowledge of Bible stories in the New Testament and Gospels is
limited to the movies, which may not properly interpret the Bible.

. . .

That's perfectly fair. I wouldn't expect you to give me chapter and
verse on the Christian perspective but maybe you can give me the Jewish
perspective?

How was Jesus regarded by Jews? How was his betrayal regarded: as a
good thing because he was causing unrest or a very bad thing because
Jesus was a fellow Jew? I really have no idea on any of this beyond
understanding that most Jews regarded him as no more than another
prophet and certainly not the Messiah.

--
Rhino