Re: the Republican anti-anti-Semitism on college campuses bill

Sujet : Re: the Republican anti-anti-Semitism on college campuses bill
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 03. May 2024, 01:07:47

. . .

How was Jesus regarded by Jews?

First-born Jewish son whose mother treated him like a divine entity

The straight line you provided is 2000 years old.

How was his betrayal regarded: as a
good thing because he was causing unrest or a very bad thing because
Jesus was a fellow Jew? I really have no idea on any of this beyond
understanding that most Jews regarded him as no more than another
prophet and certainly not the Messiah.

It's just not our story, and the religion had changed completely from
what it was at the time.

The early Christians came out of the movement that led to the writing
of the Dead Sea Scrolls. This was a break-away from Judaism that had
attempted to Hellenize (what with the huge temple) and prosyletize.

We got it very very wrong. We're not supposed to convert the masses and
we're not supposed to prove that our God is bigger than your God based
on who has the bigger temple.

Sermon on the Mount? Not for us. We're supposed to be small time, except
for parts of New York.