Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

Sujet : Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 03. May 2024, 14:44:07
On Fri, 3 May 2024 01:14:53 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
On Thu, 02 May 2024 01:50:40 -0230, David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com>
wrote:

Do they have LGBT actors play LGBT characters?

Why is that a reasonable expectation?

Because years ago people started screaming that only deaf people could play
deaf and only blind people could play blind, etc. etc.

I get that sort of opinion if you are in one of those groups as it
means you are competing in a much smaller group of people.

Everybody knows lots of gay
actors have played straight roles through the year and there are lots
of roles where the sexuality of the character isn't relevant.

Tell me do YOU care which way Han Solo swings? Not me.... (even though
he does get a thank you kiss from Leia at the end of the first
movie...)

It's not an issue for me with any of the characters in the TV
shows/movies I watch unless it is an important part of the story.