Re: Weigel METV news

Sujet : Re: Weigel METV news
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 04. May 2024, 00:00:32
On 5/3/24 1:55 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

Everything about this deal tells you why perpetual copyright serves the
interest of copyright holders only, the public be damned. The big
studios shut down short subject animation seven and a half decades ago,
yet it's all still under copyright.
 There is a statement that these short subject animation libraries are
all owned by Warner Brothers Discovery, with the exception of what
Disney owns.
 Weigel Broadcasting will set up a cartoon network, METV Toons, effective
June 25. Will they maintain the original aspect ratio? Will the image be
shrunk down even if they do?
 Will they censor?
 Bob Bergen, a voice actor who has provided voices in modern versions of
WB cartoons, will host. The article doesn't say what the broadcast
subchannel will be or what programming it replaces.
 https://chicago.suntimes.com/movies-and-tv/2024/05/02/metv-toons-cartoon-channel-weigel-warner-bros-discovery-chicago
I complained on Reddit that the last thing we need is another 480i OTA channel. A numbskull over there replied back "Do you want them to remaster the cartoons?" Somebody doesn't get what I was saying at all! [facepalm]