Re: Selected programming for May 4-7, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for May 4-7, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 05. May 2024, 00:53:38
On 5/4/24 2:31 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

RM: Programming for Wednesday-Friday will be posted later.
             Previously released:
  2 Hearts     (movie)      (Netflix, May 3)
 In parallel love stories, the lives of college student Chris and wealthy rum heir Jorge intersect in a profound twist of fate. Based on a true story. 2020 film starring Jacob Elordi, Adan Canto, Radha Mitchell, Tiera Skovbye, Kari Matchett, and Tahmoh Penikett. 1hr 41m.
I want to say this has been on Netflix the whole time! They certainly had it before I cancelled Netflix, because it was one of the things I was considering watching (because of Skovbye) before I cancelled, but I never got to it.
If it went to another streamer in the meantime, it wasn't one I get!!

Shadow in the Cloud     (movie)      (Netflix, May 2/3)
 A female WWII pilot traveling with top secret documents on a B-17 Flying Fortress with a skeptical all-male crew encounters an evil presence onboard the flight. 2020 film starring Chloë Grace Moretz, Beulah Koale, Taylor John Smith, Callan Mulvey, Byron Coll, Joe Witkowski and Nick Robinson. 1hr 23m.
This, OTOH, is new to The 'Flix - it was on Hulu for a long time...

American Star    (movie; streaming premiere?)    (AMC+, May 3)
 An assassin on a final assignment in Fuerteventura, to kill a man he has never met. When his target is delayed, he finds himself drawn to the island, people and a ghostly shipwreck. Stars Ian McShane. 2024 film; 1h 47m.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19984386/      [rating 5.4]
 https://www.metacritic.com/movie/american-star    [score 66]
Hmmm... Would have been interested in this, for McShane.

Lola       (movie)       (Netflix, May 2)
 Working to move her sibling out of their abusive home, a teen juggles jobs at a store and a strip club -- but life takes unexpected turns after a tragedy. 2024 film starring Nicola Peltz, Virginia Madsen, Raven Goodwin, Richie Merritt, Luke David Blumm, Trevor Long; 1hr 23m.
 https://www.netflix.com/title/81772299
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14375666/    [rating 3.6]
Is there naked nudity?!
(Not that it matters! - Nobody gets Netflix!!)
And they want us to believe that Peltz can still pass for a teen?!

One More Shot     (movie)    (Netflix, May 1)
 Racing against the clock, a Navy SEAL fights his way through an airport siege to protect the one man who can stop a potentially catastrophic explosion. 2024 British film starring Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Alexis Knapp, Tom Berenger, Waleed Elgadi, and Meena Rayann; 1hr 42m. Not available on ad tier.
 https://www.netflix.com/title/81759891
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27110516/      [rating 5.5]
Damn - wish this had gone to Hulu (like the first film did) instead.

         Saturday, May 4
        Streaming:
  Star Wars: Tales of the Empire       [new; complete limited series]     (3:01 am, Disney+)
 This six-episode animated series serves as a follow-up to 2022's Tales of the Jedi.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIST9t72kY
 https://www.metacritic.com/tv/star-wars-tales-of-the-empire/     [score 75]
 https://www.disneyplus.com/series/star-wars-tales-of-the-empire/4IEnSAj0aHpX
I'll wait for Arthur's reviews...

     Broadcast and cable:
  A Deadly Threat to My Family  (movie)     (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
 When Ryan’s sister Serena escapes from a dangerous cult, she seeks refuge with his family to rebuild her life. Ryan’s wife Marielle is suspicious of Serena and doesn’t believe she’s truly reformed, and her concerns grow as she sees Serena bond with her teenage daughter Aria. When another cult member shows up on Marielle’s doorstep, she fears her daughter is their next target. Stars Jessica Morris, Gina Vitori, Lelia Symington, Isabella Mercurio, Tyler Price, and Mark Ricketson.
 https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-deadly-threat-to-my-family
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32221174/
Jessica Morris, and Gina Vitori, do it once again for Lifetime! Give 'em a big hand, folks!!
(Of course I'll be watching this.)

         Sunday, May 5
       Broadcast and cable:
  Call the Midwife       (season 13 finale; renewed for seasons 14 and 15)       (8 pm, PBS)
Gah!

My Life Is on the Line      (movie)       (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
 When bank customer service rep Shannon bends the rules to help a desperate client transfer a large sum of money, she quickly learns that he is not who he claims to be. As she frantically tries to set things right before anyone finds out, “The Caller” turns more menacing and threatens her by using personal information that he’s gathered from their calls. Stuck in the call center, she must figure out how to outwit The Caller and survive her shift. Stars Andrea Pazmino, Jose Eduardo Ramos, Katelin Chesna, and Cheryl Picket. Originally "The Caller."
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32221174/
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28435597/
Wow - I've heard of none of these people! (An increasing problem with Lifetime flicks lately...  :/  )
May watch, or may record for later viewing...

Parish      (season 1 finale)        (9 pm, AMC)
A series I might have gotten to, if I had time for such things!!

         Monday, May 6
  NCIS      (season 21 finale; renewed for season 22)       (9 pm, CBS)
Boo!

NCIS: Hawai'i        (season 3 and series finale)         (11 pm, CBS)
I'll try not to cry!  ;p

         Tuesday, May 7
       Streaming:
  Kiss the Future       (documentary)        (3:01 am, Paramount+)
 Besieged Sarajevans find hope in underground art and music. U2 supports them amid crisis. Culminates in post-war unification concert. 2023 film; 1h 43m.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4TEUY21rY4
Wait - what?!

     Broadcast and cable:
  Police 24/7      [new]        (8-10 pm, CW)
 Police 24/7 follows the men and women working in law enforcement agencies in 8 cities across the country. We get an intimate look as they attempt to keep the streets safe from crime.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31975941/     [stub only]
 https://www.cwtv.com/shows/police-24-7/
Darn - I was hoping for a concert film with The Police!!  ;p