Re: [OT] What's happened to the Green Party?

Sujet : Re: [OT] What's happened to the Green Party?
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 13. May 2024, 18:38:47
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
Sun, 12 May 2024 21:15:12 -0400, Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>:

I don't understand how they can believe that the world will be better
with them in charge. They are INSANE and will destroy everything that
hundreds of generations painstakingly built up. Their insanity includes
a massive dose of denial. Look at any Marxist state and you'll see a
disaster in progress with a tiny handful ruling and living in comfort
while everyone else is denied all the freedoms we take for granted.
Look at any Islamic state and you'll see a place that's trying to live
by rules from the 7th century and not hesitating to kill anyone that
doesn't follow all the rules to the letter. How is either situation
better for anyone but the tiny few at the top of the pyramid of power?

While I agree with you I'm more concerned with the reports from
England saying 50% of British Muslims support Sharia in the UK.

Do they even know what it is? Have they ever lived in a part of the
world in which it's strictly enforced? Except for clerics, I have a
feeling that most are unable to fully define what it is and haven't
thought through the consequences. After all, they are living in the
West.

Do they not clearly understand that most non-Muslim Brits consider the
British legal system (for good reason in my opinion) as one of their
national "crown jewels"?

It takes one helluva nerve to immigrate to a new country then demand
to bring their own legal system with them. At least the mayor of
London denounced the poll results.