Re: Netflix upfront news stories

Sujet : Re: Netflix upfront news stories
De : robin.miller (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 16. May 2024, 08:06:07
Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/15/24 9:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

Netflix Upfront: Here’s What Happened At Pier 59 With Shonda Rhimes, Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz, George Kittle, Mindy Kaling & Kate Hudson

https://deadline.com/2024/05/netflix-upfront-recap-1235917972/

Netflix Ad Tier Hits 40M Monthly Active Users, Nearly Double Its Scale At Start Of 2024

https://deadline.com/2024/05/netflix-advertising-40-million-monthly-active-users-streaming-upfront-1235918010/ >
 That's the *opposite* of a "good thing".

Kristen Bell-Adam Brody Netflix Comedy Gets Title, Premiere Date & First-Look Photo

https://deadline.com/2024/05/kristen-bell-adam-brody-netflix-comedy-title-premiere-date-nobody-wants-this-1235918074/ >

["'Nobody Wants This' is a comedy centered on the unlikely relationship between an outspoken, agnostic woman, Joanne (Bell), and an unconventional rabbi, Noah (Brody)."]
 Oh brother!

Kevin Williamson’s Family Drama Series ‘The Waterfront’ Lands At Netflix

https://deadline.com/2024/05/kevin-williamson-the-waterfront-netflix-1235917808/ >

["Inspired by true events, 'The Waterfront' dives into the flawed Buckley family as their attempts to retain control of their crumbling North Carolina fishing empire drive them to increasingly dangerous means to keep themselves afloat."]
 No.

Kathryn Bigelow Sets Next Film At Netflix

https://deadline.com/2024/05/kathryn-bigelow-film-netflix-1235918041/

["As of right now no title was made available and plot details are being kept under wraps, though sources have told Deadline it would be set at the White House as a national crisis unfolds."]
 [roll]

Tim McGraw To Lead Untitled Bull Riding Drama Series For Netflix

https://deadline.com/2024/05/tim-mcgraw-bull-riding-drama-series-netflix-1235917797/ >

["Set in the fierce, competitive world of bull riding, the series follows a megastar champion (Tim McGraw) facing a life-or-death crossroads when confronted by the arrival of a fearless young rider whose very existence challenges his ways and unearths secrets that force him to reckon with his past."]
 So, they're basically remaking Hallmark's "Ride"?!

‘3 Body Problem’ Picked Up For New Episodes To Conclude Story

https://deadline.com/2024/05/3-body-problem-renewed-season-2-netflix-1235917828/ >
 I love how non-committal this is! They're not even calling it "season #2"!!

‘Bridgerton’ Season 2 Recap: What to Remember for Season 3

https://deadline.com/2024/05/bridgerton-season-2-recap-1235917558/
 Who cares?!!

Netflix Lands NFL Christmas Day Games In Latest Step-Up In Sports

https://deadline.com/2024/05/netflix-nfl-christmas-day-games-streaming-1235917212/ >
 An absolute f**king travesty, this is.

‘Happy Gilmore’ Sequel Greenlighted At Netflix

https://deadline.com/2024/05/happy-gilmore-sequel-greenlighted-netflix-1235918040/ >
 Oh, gawd - I love the original movie! Please just leave it alone!!
 P.S. I hate The Netflix! (And I hate Netflix boosters even more!!)

Go Netflix!
:-)
--Robin