Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-15 (Wednesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-15 (Wednesday)
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 17. May 2024, 06:24:42
On Thu, 16 May 2024 20:55:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

On Thu, 16 May 2024 11:00:30 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

On Thu, 16 May 2024 09:08:38 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
I watched:

What did you watch?

ABIGAIL on the Plex
I liked it.
Almost anything else I could say would be a spoiler.

Tangential:
I liked the lead actress (Melissa Barrera) and hadn’t seen her in anything
else (she looks sort of like Eve Miles from TORCHWOOD) so I asked Mr.
Google, and he led me to Disney+ and the Hulu who once again gave me a
program with nudely naked, Italian lesbian vampires. It’s become a
specialty.

I guess it (being nudely naked) makes the clean up much easier.
Assuming these are the messy sort of vampires that tend to make a mess
while feasting. Sort of 30 DAYS OF NIGHT style.

I like that movie, but it’s best watched when it’s cold outside.

Hey, did anybody else watch THE FALL GUY reruns on H & I?

I'm sure someone did but not I.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m apparently also the only person who watched TRACKER this week?

I watched it. Maybe I missed the discussion. I've had a good deal that
I watched but didn't mention because it didn't feel worth discussing.

From Sundays What Did You Watch?

TRACKER.

Another so-so episode. This week trackers long lost brother shows up which
would’ve had more punch to it if we hadn’t just had the long lost sister
episode. Jensen Eccles is well cast with what feels like a family
resemblance. This episode has more big stupid than usual.

Yeah, having the family showing up in these episodes feels like
someone wanted to fill in the back story for Tracker before the season
ended just in case they didn't get a second season.

The brother was supposed to visit a week or two ago, but never showed up
and I guess tracker is now hiding from him. So the brother calls all of
trackers friends to find him. But then a few scenes later when tracker goes
to call one of his friends the brother is shocked and surprised the tracker
has anybody helping him! And then a few scenes later when they meet Reenie,
they mentioned he talked to her and he’s hitting on her. I think we have
another episode written by two different people.

Yeah, the brother surely had to know he had people working with him.
So it does feel like they had someone who had never watched the show
writing the episode.

Apparently the original visit was just to say hi but in the meantime, a
friend of his went missing so he needs trackers services. Rather
convenient.

Well, if they didn't need his services we only would have got a scene
where the two argued about whether Ackles killed the dad or not. With
the suggestion there were dark forces behind his death.

There’s some weird subplot with the occult and somebody ordering chopped
off fingers being sent to the missing friends wife, but they aren’t his
fingers and then that entire subplot is completely forgotten about.

Yeah, I didn't get what that was even supposed to be about. Torture
makes sense if you are trying to get information but removing the
fingers?

Even though she’s getting missing fingers sent to her nobody takes any
steps to arrange protection for the missing friends wife.

She's got plot armor keeping her safe. Someone has to be there to
welcome the husband back if Tracker succeeds and we know he will
because he's had 100% success rate while we were watching. No idea how
good his rate is when we aren't watching.

So the brother and the missing friend both work for a private contractor
black ops murder for hire firm. The friend got snatched Because he was
identified in an earlier case. But all the details of this end up coming
from the brother so he didn’t need tracker at all.

The brother, stupidly left his knife next to the body, and since the
brother had to make the extraction rendezvous, the friend went back to get
the knife and was spotted. What, the friend didn’t need to make the
extraction rendezvous? How does that work?

That one didn't make a lot of sense. I could see the knife getting
dropped at some point, but the story seems to be that he dropped it,
saw that he dropped it and still left it behind. A bad idea given it
has his name on it. So why did his friend think it would be safe
enough for him to go back and get the knife but not for Ackles to get
the knife?

The guy they had murdered was a druglord and his brother is out of prison
and ordered the friend kidnapped and held until he could show up and kill
him himself. Tracker and brother rescue the friend and kill all the
henchman. The brother said he’s going to go kill, the druglord brother and
tracker says not to bother since they rescued the friend they could just
forget anything ever happened and the evil drug Lord kingpin would just
forget that they murdered his brother and all his henchman and leave them
alone from then on.

Yeah, there's no way the drug lord would have just ignored the deaths
of his men or assume it was some random group that killed the men. Or
forget about the one guy he knew was involved in the original killing.
Sure, given all the deaths it might be the smart thing to do, but when
are drug lords that smart or care that much about their hench men's
lives.

This seems… unlikely.

Tracker may or may not have gotten paid at the end. It was unclear. The
brother left him a wad of money and the knife with a note that said hold
this for me. He just left a wad of money in an envelope with a desk clerk
of the crummy hotel he’d been staying at. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah, there was no money involved other than what the brother ended up
giving him through the trusty hotel desk clerk.