Re: Let's go Brandon!

Sujet : Re: Let's go Brandon!
De : nobody (at) *nospam* nowhere.com (moviePig)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 18. May 2024, 04:15:39
On 5/17/2024 9:10 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
On 5/16/2024 11:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <v26gg3$2039m$1@dont-email.me>,
moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

On 5/16/2024 7:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <v25v99$1p9k8$2@dont-email.me>,
moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

On 5/16/2024 4:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <v25mp9$1nota$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

For the second time in a week, President Joe Biden made a false claim
about inflation-- and he did not get away with it as journalists and
political rivals called him out on it.

Biden told Yahoo Finance in an interview on Tuesday that inflation was
at 9% when he became president back in January 2021.

However, as fact-checkers pointed out when Biden made the same assertion
during a CNN town hall last week, inflation actually was at 1.4% when he
took office.

But Trump is the one who lies all the time. We should vote for Biden
because he doesn't lie, they say.

The latest gaffe by the president

It's not a gaffe. A gaffe is an unintentional mistake. This is an
intentional bald-faced lie. And so is the media downplaying it as a mere
gaffe. Biden is lying and the media is lying about his lies.

Biden's team knows what the inflation rate was when Biden took office
and they're intentionally lying about it because they know that the
grocery bill is something that Mr. & Mrs. Middle America are going to
vote on.

"Inflation is a lagging economic indicator. It is reported after prices
have already risen, which means the data it uses is historical."

What are you saying? That Biden is such a sly and clever fox that he's
somehow figured out that the 9% we're currently experiencing was really
the actual rate on the day of his inauguration THREE AND A HALF YEARS
AGO?

That when they say "lagging economic indicator", they mean something
that's almost a half decade out of date?

This is what you have to resort to in order to apologize for Biden's
outright lies?

You're complaining about the inflation rate "when Biden took office".

No, I didn't complain about what the rate was when Bide took office at
all. I pointed out that Biden is LYING about the inflation rate when he
took office. It was really only 1.4% but he's saying it was 9% so it
doesn't look like he let things get out of control during his term.

Well, CNN seems more or less to agree with you:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/14/politics/fact-check-biden-inflation-when-he-became-president/index.html

 It’s scary how blatantly Biden is lying when CNN calls him out on it.
Actually, I partly believe that he partly believes he speaks truth.