Re: Sugar - What did you think?

Sujet : Re: Sugar - What did you think?
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 19. May 2024, 03:05:27
On Sat, 18 May 2024 12:39:54 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

The last episode of Sugar dropped today. Or at least the last
episode of Season 1. I'm not really sure if it is meant to be an
ongoing series or just a "limited series". It was a little hard to
tell given that John Sugar and the guy who witnessed the murders
were both at large and John seemed unhappy about the witness getting
away with it.

In any case, it was an interesting series. I can't recall any other
series I've ever watched being both film noir and science fiction!
Mind you, it was 90% noir and only 10% SF, perhaps to keep from
alienating noir fans who don't see themselves as SF fans.

I thought they did a good job of introducing the SF aspect. I really
didn't see that coming. I assumed the group of which Sugar was a
part was some kind of intelligence-gathering organization, either
governmental or private. I hadn't seen anything that led me to
believe there was an SF element to the story. I've deliberately
kept this post vague for the sake of those who are still watching
it or thinking of watching it.

For those who have watched all of it, what did you think?
Was the story well told? Would you watch a Season 2 if they made
one?

Lastly, did anyone else think that John Sugar (played by Colin
Farrell) had a distinct resemblance to Dan Hedaya, perhaps best
known for playing Carla's ex in Cheers?

Well, you convinced me to give this a try and… It’s not available to
me. Pout.

Well, that's annoying! Sorry to get you interested only to discover
that you can't watch it.

--
Rhino