Re: "The View" Loses Its Hive Mind Over Harrison Butker Remarks

Sujet : Re: "The View" Loses Its Hive Mind Over Harrison Butker Remarks
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv alt.tv.the-view
Date : 20. May 2024, 20:49:33
In article <v2fca1$3v7uk$3@dont-email.me>,
 Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

The cohosts of ABC's THE VIEW spent nearly an entire segment complaining
about Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker and his recent commencement
speech criticizing both President Joe Biden and Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.

Cohost Whoopi Goldberg kicked off Thursday's broadcast by saying that while
she did not personally share Butker's views on those topics, she believed it
was important for him to have the same right to free speech and expression
that everyone else had.

"He's at a Catholic college, he's a staunch Catholic. These are his beliefs
and he's welcome to them, I don't have to believe them, I don't have to
accept them," Goldberg said. "The same way we want respect when Colin
Kaepernick takes a knee, we want to give respect to people whose ideas are
different from ours."

Cohost Sara Haines weighed in next, saying that she agreed that free speech
was important but pushing back a bit on Goldberg's comparison to Kaepernick.
She claimed that Butker was practicing something "divergent" from mainstream
Catholicism that was "cult-like" and "extremist", comparing his belief system
to "some religions in the Middle East".

"This is a very extreme religion," Haines continued.

Soooo extreme. He said his wife loves being a mother and homemaker, that
he couldn't be who he is without her, and he loves her and his children
deeply.

Wow. Such extremism. He's not dancing around like a fairy, pretending to
be a woman, and demanding people use made-up pronouns to refer to him,
so he *must* be extreme.

As for him being as extreme as the religions of the Middle East, get
back to me when Butker honor-kills one of his daughters or cuts off her
clit.

[You notice how leftists always condemn you and call you Islamophobic
for even mentioning Islamic extremism until they think doing so can
score them a win against one of their enemies, then invoking it is no
problem.]

And the difference between Butker and Kaepernick is that Butker was
making a speech on his own time at a private college. Kaepernick engaged
in his antics ON THE FIELD during televised NFL games. He was co-opting
his employer's resources and facilities to promote his own personal
political message and demanding his employer allow him to do it. Butker
did nothing of the kind.

"And what bothers me about that as a Christian is that when people abuse
Christianity they often not only cherry pick from the Bible

Oh, really, Sara? You don't cherry pick and leave out the bits you don't
like? So all the stuff in the bible condemning gay sex... you believe in
that or do you reject it? I'ma bet the contents of my checking account
that if you're on THE VIEW, you're down with the complete menu of sexual
perversions that we're routinely ordered to celebrate these days. In
other words, you're doing the exact same cherry picking you're
complaining about here.

She went on to say that Butker was "not walking with Jesus".

Well, now that Pope Sara Haines has spoken, we all know the way, the
truth, and the light.

Cohost Alyssa Farah Griffin followed Haines up by complaining about the fact
that he mentioned DEI at all-- noting that it was not in the Bible

So he's only allowed to talk about what's in the bible? Says who?

suggesting that if he was going to be critical of Biden, he should have also
mentioned former President Donald Trump.

Why? All you hags are constantly critical of Trump and don't mention
Biden. Since when are all 300+ million of us citizens required to give
equal time when we air our political gripes?

She claims Butker was "alienat[ing] certain parts of scripture" by
being against same-sex relationships.

No, *you* leftists who claim to be Christians are the ones who are
"alienating the scripture" (whatever that means) when you ignore the
bits of the bible that are quite clear in their condemnation of
homosexuality.

While picking the convenient parts of the Bible, she accuses him of
"pick[ing] the convenient parts" of the Bible.