Re: Schenck lives! UK high court skeptical that Assange's rights would be protected in US trial

Sujet : Re: Schenck lives! UK high court skeptical that Assange's rights would be protected in US trial
De : dannyb (at) *nospam* panix.com (danny burstein)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 20. May 2024, 23:24:07
In <v2gbgg$5oq8$1@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

[snip]

Somebody is playing games by overwhelming you with shit, hoping you'll
miss the information critical to your missing that they refused to
highlight out of bureaucratic rivalry.

I'm sure somebody in some intelligence agency somewhere routinely
classified works of history and fiction too.

Take it up with the folk working at The American Literary
Historical Society.

(esp. with one of my previously referenced, high quality,
drool worthy, unobtanable fantasy gals...)

(no, not Faye Dunaway - although I wouldn't close
the door on her.  But [rot-13] Gvan Pura)

[snip]

I'm sure you've read that would-be whistleblowers, wanting to reveal
wrongdoing, are told by investigators on the appropriate Congressional
committee to take their evidence to the Inspector General because
revealing it to anybody else can get them charged with felony theft of
government property for starters.

Aren't there some specific (but limited) carve-outs for
bringing material to your Congressional rep?  I remember
a bunch of Air Force folk were initially going to
get skewered for bringing serious aircraft problems [a]
to Congress, and that shit got torn apart.

[a] Don't recall the specifics.  Sotty

     dannyb@panix.com