Re: update, was: no, "MeTV", we do NOT want "Meet the Press". Bring back the Flintstones

Sujet : Re: update, was: no, "MeTV", we do NOT want "Meet the Press". Bring back the Flintstones
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 21. May 2024, 07:20:00
shawn  <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
On Mon, 20 May 2024 20:19:36 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <v2gue7$46s$1@reader1.panix.com>,
danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

[update at end:  Summary: The Flintstones are back]

[snip]

Your MeTV station must be one of those that pre-empts certain
programming for other stuff sometimes.

They get into the weeds in all of this at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MeTV

fortunately, unlike our EVIL NBC BLUE NETWORK affiliate here which
only shows a half hour of World News Now, the MeTV carrier
broadcasts the full line without fail (modulo special stuff
like tornado warnings, etc.).

So this, starting next week, is brand new.

I'll be sending letters in the morning...

thaNKS again

Well, I had Tweeted at them, and wrote a letter.

Don't know if it was me (although I'll take credit!)
but I just looked at next Sunday's - 26-May-2024, and
it still has the interloper instead of Fred and Barney,

     HOWEVER...

The schedule (on the xFinity page) for two weeks forward
(Sunday, 02-June-2024) is back to three episodes of
The Flintstones.

*whew*

Now if we could only get them to restore the proper
intro/outro for season one, as opposed to using the
clips from the later seasons.  That's right, they're
showing Bam Bam and Pebbles in Season One...

(Getting them to restore the five minutes they've
clipped to shovel in more commercials is, of course,
a near hopeless cause.  As is gettin them to air
the episodes they've cancelled out 'cuz PC)

I wish I could find the original sheet music for THE FLINTSTONES,
particularly the closing credit score. That's some good stuff.

So none of these work?
https://musescore.com/song/the_flintstones_theme-1579587

https://www.alfred.com/meet-the-flintstones-score/p/00-PR-0002333/

I found

https://musicnotesbox.com/hoyt-curtin-meet-the-flintstones-75139/

but that's the (second) opening theme, for piano.

I thought all the Hoyt Curtin compositions were collected on a Web site
but I'm not spotting it now.

I've posted that video that the Hoyt Curtin superfan made toward the end
of Curtin's life.

This has close to an hour's worth of cues from The Flintstones and
begins with "Rise and Shine", the original theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHlYYyM2Gjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0CkgCwjchs

I still love the story that the Jonny Quest theme was written to get
back at his trombone-playing friends who told him his music was too
easy to play.