Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-21 (Tuesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-21 (Tuesday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 22. May 2024, 17:46:27
On 5/22/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?
Working on finishing up yesterday (and I generally succeeded - I won't have to do too much work stuff today, and will have just a little left over for the day after Memorial Day). But I did get through a few things:
soaps: DOOL - This is really dumb - Sloan seems cowed by EJ, when she has as much on him, as he does on her. After EJ threatens her, Sloan goes to the bar to get drunk. Stephanie and "Everett" are also there, and when Eric shows up to drag a hostile Sloan out of the bar, Everett is "triggered" and slugs Eric with an astonished (drunk!) Stephanie looking on. Meanwhile, Chad goes to Steve with his theories about Anny's murder, and afterwards Steve goes to Ava, and seems to give her the green light to "rub out" Clyde Weston if she can manage it. (Harris has been conspicuously absent from these episodes - I wonder if this is when Steve Burton left the show?...)
Night Court (2023) (Peacock) - First, I just found out that India de Beaufort (Olivia) won't be coming back to the third season of this show, which bums me out... I actually like her, and dread who they are going to try to replace her with.
    "The Duke's a Hazard" (ep. 2.12). I didn't care for this episode, despite it having Dave Foley going *way* over the top as the Duke's hoity-toity English butler, who challenges Dan (over something even too silly for this show!). Anyway, in this one, Gurgs' "royal" boyfriend, Duke Alistair shows up in town. The Duke asks Abby to show him what being a "normal person" is like - yes, this was about as unfunny as you would expect.
    Just one more episode of season #2 to go - will try to get through it today, so I can move on to other 30-minute shows next week.
Wheel of Fortune - They had a contestant that my brother and I agree was one of the most annoying contestants we've ever seen!
    Luckily, she didn't win. And the guy who did get to the final puzzle somehow managed to solve it (I couldn't!) and win both the Jackpot and the final prize!
Will Trent - Season #2 finale. This was extremely convoluted (esp. to someone who has been only semi-casually paying attention to this season of this show), so I won't even try to explain it. But it basically ends with Will ruining his relationship by (righteously) arresting Angie (Erika Christensen) for suppressing evidence in what turned out to be a serial killer case.
The Cookie - Season #6(?) finale. This was ridiculously over-the-top. Bridget Regan's Big Bad EVOL!!1! lawyer is running all over town causing mayhem, while Nolan and co. try to save the cutie, but forced to do EVOL!!1!, copette headshrinker (Danielle Campbell). Of course, this ends up with Nolan (and Harper) down in Argentina!! chasing Regan's lawyer, and trying to save Campbell's kidnapped headshrinker! Meanwhile, more daring-do from Bradford and Chen!
    But, at the end, Regan's plans successfully spring two other Big Bads from prison!!
    Meh. And I'll be sad that Danielle Campbell won't be back.
I put the season finale of "FBI: Most Wanted" on in the background, but Shantel VanSanten wasn't in it much, and I wasn't paying attention to it...