Will Trent "Do you see the vision?" 5/21/2024 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-21 (Tuesday))

Sujet : Will Trent "Do you see the vision?" 5/21/2024 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-21 (Tuesday))
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 22. May 2024, 19:37:17
Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

. . .

Will Trent - Season #2 finale. This was extremely convoluted (esp. to
someone who has been only semi-casually paying attention to this season
of this show), so I won't even try to explain it. But it basically ends
with Will ruining his relationship by (righteously) arresting Angie
(Erika Christensen) for suppressing evidence in what turned out to be a
serial killer case.

Not really. Angie covered up for the girl's murder of her mother's
boyfriend who had raped her, the same man who had raped Angie in the
backstory. Angie took the blame, thinking it would somehow "protect" the
girl, but that never works out too good.

Angie figures out that the girl was entrapping the predators so she
could kill them. It made no sense to me what she had figured out but I
didn't bother to replay it as I figured it would only get worse on
second viewing. She huries to the woods where yet another predator has
been lured, confronts the girl, then chases her. The girl falls and
hits her head on something, ends up on a large rock in the river, and
dies.

After the serial killer of predators was revealed (the girl, I guess
because Dexter wasn't available), I thought they had a strong scene
between Will and the girl's mother. The girl's mother threatened to sue
the Atlanta police department for Angie's actions leading to her
daughter's death. "But you failed to protect your daughter! You let a
predator into your home!"

But then, Will immediately backed off. "The only one at fault was the
man who raped your daughter."

Uh, no. He may have been an evil bastard and a serial rapist, but he is
NOT to blame for the murders committed by the girl after she killed him.
She needed counseling but turned to premeditated murder instead.

Will fantasized about a happy life with Angie (or was it Angie's fantasy
about a happy life with Will?) but arrests her instead.

I thought the girl being the serial killer came out of nowhere. Despite
the massively convoluted plot, they almost got the emotions right till
PeeCee ruined it. The writers were fucking cowards.

As soon as Ormewood's estranged wife returned, I said "Kramer vs. Kramer",
'cuz this show has zero original ideas.