Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-22 (Wednesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-22 (Wednesday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 23. May 2024, 16:29:28
On 5/23/2024 6:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/23/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?
 Yesterday, I completely finished work on one job for the semester, and have mostly finished another. TV-wise, I got through:
 Night Court (2023) (Peacock) - "The Best Dan" (ep. #2.13, the season #2 finale).
I recorded this a couple of months ago but never got around to watching it.  Thanks for reminding me.  :-)

 soaps: GH - Tues' and Wed's ep's. OMG! They killed Gonzo!! The bastards!!!... These episodes were mostly dealing with the fallout of Gregory's death
It's a soap.  I'm sure by next week Gregory will turn out to be still alive and taking a shower and his death was just a dream.  That sort of thing does still happen on soaps right?  At a minimum he must have a twin brother in a coma with amnesia who will be waking up soon.  ;-)
(e.g. Finn drinks, and Elizabeth refuses to leave Violet
stay with him; Chase and Brook Lynn don't leave for their honeymoon), and the fallout of Sonny assaulting Dex (Sonny whines to various people, but Dante is done with it; Kristina gets Michael to ask Dex to not press charges, but thinks better of it and talks to Dex directly).
    DOOL - Wed's ep. The Brady house is finally restored after the fire, and Susan, Doug (Bill Hayes was actually in this episode! I wonder if it is his last appearance?...) and Chad can't wait to move back home. Maggie and Alex (still acting like an idiot!) clash; later, NuTheresa manages to get herself invited along with Alex moving into the Kiriakis mansion. NuTate tells his friend that he and Holly the Brat are still secretly dating, but then finds out that both of his parents will be chaperoning prom!!
    Y&R - I saw a little of this - so Ashley has multiple personalities now?!! Meanwhile, I think Cole figured out that his and Victoria's daughter, Grace (Hayley Erin) is secretly up to something afterall(?...). Meanwhile, the Audra actress (Zuleyka Silver) has quite the booty on her!  ;p
 Chicago Med - Season finale. Hey! It's "Cyrus Renault" from GH - here he's playing a beat up corrections prisoner suffering from dementia, which gives Dr. Charles another soapbox opportunity to "educate" us about an issue. And, at the end, Goodwin puts her ex(?)-husband in a home for people with dementia.
 Chicago Fire - Season finale. Boden decides to go for Deputy police chief after all, in order to stop the EVOL!!1! careerist, played by Laura Allen - so this is how he is written out of being main cast. Meanwhile, Carver, and the new kid Damon, completely lose it (righteously) during a call, which ruins Carver's relationship with Violet, and puts Kidd off Damon. Later, Damon reveals his secret to Severide.
 Chicago PD - Season finale. Upton goes way over-the-top to save dumb Voight from a serial killer (who tortures Voight)... and then promptly quits for greener pastures (which the show doesn't even reveal!), which frankly didn't make sense in the context of the episode!!
    I'm still really wondering if Bojana Novakovic has been brought on to be Upton's replacement...
  What did you watch?

This is a two-day catch up.  I watched:
The Iron Claw (HBO) 2023 biopic about the Von Erichs, 4 brothers who in the 70s and 80s were pushed into professional wrestling by their emotionally abusive father and the melodrama and tragedies that followed.  The movie has lots of critical acclaim but I was underwhelmed by it.  I just didn't care.  No one in the family was particularly likable and have various tragedies didn't make them likable.
The Equalizer - "The Big Take" Season 4 episode 9.  McCall has to stop yet another super criminal.  I already forgot the details.  Meanwhile Dee and Aunt Vi go on vacation and stumble upon an after school special.   How in the world is it that those two are constantly just randomly encountering people in need of help?  I get that people actively seek out the Equalizer, but what's their excuse?  At some point you'd think they'd start to question the nature of their reality.
"Shattered" - Season 4 episode 10.  Season finale.  Mel is kidnapped. It's amazing how frequently a team that helps people in need are in need themselves.  But what was more interesting is Harry's super AI apparently evolved to a wannabe Skynet.  I sure we haven't seen the last of it.
Survivor - "Friends Going to War" - Season finale.  All the standout personalities were voted out.  The left overs were bland and not memorable.