Re: Considering the feelings of felons

Sujet : Re: Considering the feelings of felons
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 24. May 2024, 03:37:20
On May 23, 2024 at 10:53:11 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

Now, I heard this on WBBM radio, the 24-hour news station formerly the
CBS O&O but now Audacy. They picked up on requiring state agencies not
to use the word "offender" any longer.

Matt Walsh had a good commentary on this today.

https://youtu.be/oDt5v85NpAo?t=118

My state is gerrymander central for the state legislature, perfectly
legal thanks to promotion of gerrymandering by the John Roberts Supreme
Court versus individual rights of voters to any representation that they
might otherwise choose if the United States had free and fair elections.
The next time John Roberts comes up for re-election, will you please
join me in opposing him?

In my state's constitution, the supermajority needed to override a veto
and pass other privileged motions is 3/5. In both houses, the Democrats
did such an amazing job drawing districts that there's a supermajority
in each.

The Republican opponent, Sen. Steve McClure, asked if victims would be
called "criminally impacted individuals" but the sponsor didn't touch
that term. "There's been a tremendous rush in this chamber to take away
penalties, take away accurate language to reflect criminal behavior, take
away crimes. Most importantly there seems to be this incredible rush to
take away all accountability for people who commit crimes," said McClure.

Note McClure's objection to moviePigization of legal language.