Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-24 (Friday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-24 (Friday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 26. May 2024, 00:17:42
On 5/25/2024 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
I watched:

THE UNXPLAINED:
"Mysterious Earth".

THE UNXPLAINED:
"Venus: Earth's Evil Twin".

What did you watch?
 Hey, thanks for asking!
 A multi day, ketchup.
 RENEGADE NELL
Suggested, Nae, insisted upon, by the fire stick.
A British widow in the first decade of the 1700s gets superpowers from a
leprechaun like creature and becomes a highway woman. I enjoyed this at
first, but it quickly became way too woke and misandristic. By wymen and
for wymen. One and done.
  DOCTOR WHOM
AN EPISODE ALMOST ENTIRELY WITHOUT THE NEWEST DOCTOR, FOLLOWING WHAT THE
COMPANION DOES WITHOUT HIM. WITH WELCOME GUEST STARS. THIS WAS THE BEST
EPISODE YET OF THE NEW SERIES RIGHT UP UNTIL THE LAST FIVE MINUTES WHEN
THEY COMPLETELY FAILED TO STICK THE ENDING RENDERING THE WHOLE POINTLESS.
:-(
 I have no idea why spellcheck went in and changed that entirely to capitals
after I was done. I hate spellcheck.

Spellcheck knew you wanted to shout it from the rooftops.
That was a really good episode of Who.  I particularly liked when Unit showed up bragging about how on top of everything they are.
I watched:
Evil (Paramount+) "How to Split an Atom" - Season 4 episode 1.  It's been well over a year since the last episode so to get everyone up to speed there was a whole 50 or so second recap of the past 3 seasons.  If they wanted to show proper contempt for the audience they should have paid someone to go to each viewers home and just punch them in the face hard.  But I guess the ridiculously brief and completely useless recap was cheaper.  Anyway, I guess probably picking up where season 3 ended, who knows,  the team is called upon to investigate a Large Hadron Collider that may also be a gateway to hell.  It was a pretty good premier.  But I have to add that after Kristen discovered what Leland and her mom was doing she really needed to just pack up her family, sale the house and disappear into the night never to be heard from again.
The Rover (blu-ray) 2014 Australian movie set 10 years after the collapse of civilization (basically the first Mad Max movie) starring Guy Pierce as a man determined to hunt down a group of thieves who stole his car at the beginning of the movie.  He basically spends the movie murdering people as he hunts down the thieves.  Robert Pattinson co-stars as the brother of one of the thieves who Pierce forces to come along and help him track down his brother.  The movie holds up very well.  I had forgotten that Pierce's character really isn't a good guy until he started to murder people in cold blood while tracking down his car.  It was also interesting how from Pierce's perspective society had collapsed and he could do anything he wanted.  He would often become frustrated at people who still clung to the remnants of society like using money or the law enforcement who he just could not believe was still trying to arrest people for murder.
Mad Max: Fury Road (3D blu-ray) 2015 post-apocalyptic movie written and directed by George Miller starring Charlize Theron as Furiosa, who at the start of the movie is making a run for it from the local wasteland warlord with the warlord hot on her trail.  Tom Hardy co-stars as Mad Max.  Apparently for some reason the powers that be felt a Mad Max movie needed Mad Max to be in it. So he's there too.  The movie holds up great and is still the best one in the franchise (although 5 is a very close second).  And the 3D disc reference quality.  This is absolutely a demo disc between the flawless 3D and knock you out of your seat Dolby Atmos track it just doesn't get better than this.  And thanks to the prequel this one actually makes a bit more sense with various characters and locations now having proper introductions and back stories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp4eitySgB0