Re: World Dracula Day

Sujet : Re: World Dracula Day
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 26. May 2024, 16:55:10
On Sun, 26 May 2024 03:04:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

May 26, in honor of the publication of the original novel.

What will you watch to celebrate?

I’ve got the Dan Curtis/Jack Palance version going right now with music
from dark shadows. It’s a pretty good and a pretty faithful adaptation.

Available on the Peacock, it’s a good copy in 16:9 with the ads front
loaded so it runs uninterrupted.

Next up, I found the excellent 1977 Louis Jourdon version on the gray.

I'll continue my rewatch of GHOST WARS. Still a good series and even
better with an ultra wide monitor as this was a show that aired in
2.40:1 aspect ratio so it fills the screen unlike most shows which are
only in 16:9 and so end up with black bars on the side of an
ultra-wide screen (unless you want to go for scrunched up people and
fill the screen from edge to edge.)