Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

Sujet : Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream
De : will.dockery (at) *nospam* gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv  alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date : 26. May 2024, 19:53:28
David Dalton wrote:

Will Dockery wrote
(in article<262897859f3ccdc5ba80f4ed385b8104@news.novabbs.com>):

On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 10:12:25 PM UTC-4, David Dalton wrote:
On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00...@news.eternal-september.org>):
I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .

I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
link after the concert is over.

Here are the details:

"Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
&  places affected by the Maui wildfires.”

The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).

What was the lineup of performers?

Here it is, though it wasn’t strictly in this order:

Artist Lineup:
Ziggy Marley
Gretchen Rhodes
Mick Fleetwood
Uncle George Kahumoku Jr.
Kai Lenny
Benny Uyetake
Stewart Copeland
Lukas Nelson
Skunk Baxter
Jimmy Jam
Ryan Bingham
Nathaniel Rateliff
Sarah McLachlan
Fred Armisen
Kerry Brown
LL Cool J
Elvis Mitchell
Slim Jim Phantom
Matthew Pinfield

That list can also be obtained by clicking on “...more” in
the video description below the video, and there links
to the artists’ social media sites are given to the right
of each name.

There are also segments of talk in between the artists,
and the advantage of the recording is that you can
skip over those if you want to, which would probably make
the video one hour instead of two hours.

I found out about it through Sarah McLachlan’s official Facebook
page. She did the song I Will Remember You.

“But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light.”
Hello there David, long time no see.