Re: 143 House Dems Approve Giving Illegals Voting Rights

Sujet : Re: 143 House Dems Approve Giving Illegals Voting Rights
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 26. May 2024, 20:47:13
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
5/26/24 4:20 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
Sat, 25 May 2024 09:41:51 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

Another fucking lie. Nobody voted to allow any illegals to vote.
Since when are people wanting to become citizens equal to letting
illegals vote?

This has always how we've allowed non-citizens to become citizens.
It's perfectly legal, and normal.

Even your buddy, Rapey, presided over making immigrants naturalized
citizens.

The difference is of course that we're talking about ILLEGALS - not
those who were admitted through the legal immigration system.

The latter have always been eligible at some point for naturalization
(which is what's required to gain the vote) the former never have.

My late father was an American who became naturalized in Canada - he
never voted before his naturalization, he always did afterwards at
least until his final encounter with Alzheimers.

Thanny was talking about Schumer.
Schumer didn't say the word "illegal".

No, Shit Shoes, this thread has nothing to do with Schumer. I'm talking
about congressional Democrats voting to repeal a DC law that prohibits
non-citizens from voting.

Are you sure? I thought the DC law allowing non-citizens to vote and run
for local office had passed the DC council in 2022 and was in effect. As
far as I know, any immigrant would benefit from its provisions regardless
of green card status.

The House voted to repeal the law. 210 Republicans plus 52 Democrats voted
"yes" to repeal the law; 143 Democrats voted "no", to sustain the law.

He's lying about Democrats wanting to get illegals to vote.

If they don't want foreign nationals voting in our elections, why did
143 Democrats vote to repeal a law that prohibits foreign nationals from
voting in our elections?

They voted "no", to sustain the law allowing non-citizens to vote and to
be eligible for local office.