Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-27 (Monday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-27 (Monday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 28. May 2024, 23:13:48
On 5/28/2024 8:19 AM, shawn wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2024 07:52:31 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

On 5/28/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?

Almost nothing. Got sick towards the end of my trip, so yesterday was an
excruciating travel day. By the time I got home I was exhausted and only
watched Wheel of Fortune and Celebrity Wheel of Fortune and then went to
bed early and slept for hours and hours.
 See, this is why you should have stayed home and worked on those lists
you've been putting off. You would have accomplished something during
your vacation and either not gotten sick or if you had gotten sick you
wouldn't have had to travel while sick. It's a win-win situation!
My last few vacations I either got sick at the start or towards the end. My vacation last year I got sick right at the start and was *miserable* the first few days.  Fortunately I got better each day and about half way through I was fine.  Keeping my fingers crossed I make it out of the next one unscathed.
I watched:
Bad Boys (4K disc) 1995 action movie directed by Michael Bay and starring Martin Lawrence (who got top billing) and Will Smith as two Miami cops.  Smith plays a womanizer with a trust fund while Lawrence plays a more down to Earth family man.  Téa Leoni's character witnesses a murder and the only person she will talk to is Smith.  But with Smith no where to be found Lawrence pretends to be Smith.  However Leoni will only cooperate if she is put into protective custody at Smith's house. When Smith returns he finds Lawrence staying at his place so he has to stay with Lawrence's family.  Wackiness ensues.
Bad Boys II (4K disc) 2003 sequel Michale Bay returns to direct Smith and Lawrence (who this time get co billing).  Gabriel Union joins the fun as Smith's younger sister who is also an undercover DEA agent who has infiltrated the Russian mob.  Smith and Lawrence are determined to keep her safe whether she wants the help or not.  This one is a definite step up from the first one.  And has one of the all-time funniest scenes when Martin Lawrence's daughter's boyfriend comes to pick her up for a date.
Bad Boys for Life (4K disc) 2020 sequel which sees Will Smith (who this time gets top billing) and Martin Lawrence return to once again police the streets of Miami.  This time around an old enemy from Will Smith's past is targeting him and others involved in their arrest while Lawrence has had enough and decides to retire.  There is also a new team of young cops lead by Vanessa Hudgens joining the fun.  Also back is the boyfriend from the last movie who has now married Lawrence's daughter after getting her pregnant.  This is by far the best one of the franchise.  They just keep getting better going from Michael Bay nonsense to solid action flicks as they progress.  Plus Michael Bay didn't direct this one and that probably helped.
One False Move (TCM) 1991 crime movie starring Bill Paxton as a small-town cop who gets mixed up with some killers on the run from L.A. Billy Bob Thornton wrote the movie and plays one of the killers on the run.  I've definitely never watched this movie before now. I'm not sure how I missed it back in the 90s.