Re: The Unprotected Class: How Anti-White Racism is Tearing America Apart

Sujet : Re: The Unprotected Class: How Anti-White Racism is Tearing America Apart
De : jl (at) *nospam* 650pot.com (john larkin)
Groupes : rec.sport.tennis rec.arts.tv uk.comp.sys.mac edm.general sci.electronics.design
Date : 28. May 2024, 23:32:31
On Tue, 28 May 2024 12:43:57 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

On Sun, 26 May 2024 14:41:38 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
One major cause of anti-semitism was that both Christians and Muslims
considered usury, lending money at interest, to be sinful. So people
and kings had to borrow from Jews to finance their farms and
businesses and wars. It was then more convenient to have inquisitions
and pogroms and genocides than it was to pay them back.

Mostly correct.  Usury was charging excessive interest rates.  While
in college in the 1960's, I was the local loan shark.  The college
(Cal Poly, Pomona) had large number of foreign exchange students,
mostly from Iran and Saudi Arabia.  They were all the son's (no
daughters) of the rich upper classes in their countries.  All these
students were granted very little pocket money by their parents on the
assumption that if they lacked the funds to play around, they would
spend their time studying.  It didn't work, but that was the plan. So,
the students went to disreputable sources (like me) for borrowing
money.  I had no trouble getting paid because I knew that the very
last thing they wanted was for me to inform their parents of their
son's activities.

I'm sure none of that loan money was spent on beer or Playboy
magazines.

I'm reading a surprisingly interesting book now,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C24RDJNK

I'm a german-irish protestant-catholic mutt, but I've always had close
Jewish friends (and girlfriends) for some reason. They were smart,
kind, friendly, and neurotic. Fun.

(There were dark rumors in my family of a bit of Jewish ancestry and,
much worse, a hint of French.)