Re: Hallmark actress Mamie Laverock, 19, on life support ...

Sujet : Re: Hallmark actress Mamie Laverock, 19, on life support ...
De : robin.miller (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 29. May 2024, 04:20:08
Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/28/24 6:43 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

[NY's Hometown Paper]

Subject: Hallmark actress Mamie Laverock, 19,
     on life support after falling 5 stories from balcony

New York Daily News

Actress Mamie Laverock, best known for playing Rosaleen Sullivan on
Hallmark Channel series "When Calls the Heart," is on life support
following a devastating fall.

HALLMARK ACTRESS MAMIE LAVEROCK, 19, ON LIFE SUPPORT AFTER FALLING 5
STORIES FROM BALCONY

Actress Mamie Laverock, best known for playing Rosaleen Sullivan on
Hallmark Channel series "When Calls the Heart," is reportedly on life
support following a devastating fall on Sunday.
          ====
rest:
https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/05/28/actress-mamie-laverock-accident-gofundme/ >

She’s a ginger, too. Ian must be devastated.

But what the actual hell?

“After spending two weeks in “intensive treatment” in the hospital due to a
“medical emergency,” Laverock “was escorted out of a secure unit of the
hospital and taken up to a balcony walkway from which she fell five
stories,” per the fundraiser page, which was set up by her parents, Rob and
Nicole Compton.”

Canadian medicine is… Interesting.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/mamie-laverock-life-support-fell-off-balcony-when-calls-the-heart-1236017541/amp/ >
 OK, the way I read this is that she probably had a break down and tried to commit suicide (c. May 11). Then, during her medical treatment, they fucked up (majorly) which allowed her a second (more serious attempt) at suicide.
 I mean, I really don't know how else to read this.
 I guess an alternate is that the "medical emergency" was something else, but devastating (cancer, maybe?), and she tried to commit suicide because of that.
 But anything else would be such a massive case of medical malpractice/incompetence ("Uh, we were taking her up over the walkway, and she slipped off the bed, and fell over the railing..." I mean, WTF?!!) that I can't imagine that it happened that way.
 TL;DR: This this has got to be a case of suicide.

I hope not. There are just too many suicides these days.
--Robin