Re: [OT] Why we should resist calls to take in Palestinian refugees

Sujet : Re: [OT] Why we should resist calls to take in Palestinian refugees
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 30. May 2024, 16:40:31
On Wed, 29 May 2024 17:44:49 -0700
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2024 11:55:08 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

He goes on to explain why taking in Palestinian refugees ended
amongst the Arab countries near to Israel and the West Bank and
implies - reasonably in my opinion - that we could expect the same
problems here if we started taking them in.

Is it not obvious that if other Arab countries WOULD take Palestinians
they would be?

Instead many of the Palestinians (especially Gazans) have already gone
to other Arab countries and stirred up all sorts of trouble for their
new countries which is why most of these countries don't want any more
of them.

Exactly the point that Leo Kearse makes in the interview where he
discusses the negative effects on Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon with clips
from El Sissi, King Abdullah (of Jordan) and a Lebanese Christian who
saw it all happen.

And there's absolutely no reason to think it couldn't happen here,
especially the rapid growth of the Muslim population to the point where
they make hard-to-resist demands to reshape the society and its culture
to their liking. (If we need proof that it is already happening, just
look at the demonstrations in our universities.)

--
Rhino