Re: Sunny Hostin Is Still Hacked Off About 2016; Blames "Sexism" For Clinton Loss

Sujet : Re: Sunny Hostin Is Still Hacked Off About 2016; Blames "Sexism" For Clinton Loss
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 30. May 2024, 21:13:48
On Thu, 30 May 2024 11:17:00 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

On Thu, 30 May 2024 07:49:45 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

Clinton has recently made several comments about her 2016 loss, saying that
Democrats had gotten “complacent” about abortion in particular and had
falsely believed that Roe v. Wade would never be reversed.

“We didn’t take it seriously, and we didn’t understand the threat. Most
Democrats, most Americans, did not realize we are in an existential struggle
for the future of this country,” she said.

Bottom line is if 2016 proved anything it was that campaigns matter.

Clinton took her victory for granted - and paid the price.

Agreed. She wasn't even close to my ideal candidate but she had
victory within her reach if she had only pushed for it. Instead she
had her own ideas of what needed to be done and as such wasn't able to
draw in enough support. (Hmm, that's reminding me of another candidate
running for office now.) If she had listened she might have campaigned
in other states that were polling as close and pulled in enough votes
to put her over on the electoral college numbers.