Re: Once Again, the Babylon Bee Predicts the Future

Sujet : Re: Once Again, the Babylon Bee Predicts the Future
De : super70s (at) *nospam* super70s.invalid (super70s)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. May 2024, 00:04:12

On 2024-05-30 18:13:43 +0000, The Horny Goat said:
Wed, 29 May 2024 21:04:05 -0500, super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

You don't think anyone other than rock-ribbed wingnuts is going to
follow a link to the Babble-On Bee do you.

I occasionally go there when I have a yen for satire - but I certainly
wouldn't consider it news.

Hopefully nobody else does either - it's not quite Jonathan Swift but
when it's good it's extremely good satire.

It's a rip of The Onion for the rightwing audience.
 Could you please just shut the fuck up and stopping digging your hole
deeper?
Well look who's here, the self-proclaimed know-it-all of r.a.t. And he's bursting a vein again.

They are specifically Protestant Christian. They satirize
church and their own religious beliefs too. "Right wing" is a lame
description. They are religious Christians with conservative politics.
 But mostly, they are comic writers. They are trying to be entertaining
and to land their jokes. But you wouldn't understand comedy if an anvil
fell on your head.
"Religious Christians," huh. The most flippant and iconclastic bunch of "religious Christians" I've ever seen.

But in The Onion's defense how could they play to that audience when
90% of the people who do stupid stuff worth parodying in the real world
are on the right.
 I know you are stupid. Do you have to keep proving it?
Jump up my ass you pompous jerk.

I have nothing in common with the writers. I still read their stuff.
Must have a hard time keeping yourself occupied then.

They make me smile. It's funny because they fully commit to the comedy.
And you're easily entertained apparently.

Comedy first, last, and always. I just don't care about the politics of
the writers.
That's because you're a pretentious simpleton.

It's simply not for humorless gits like you.
Oh I'm "humorless" because I don't care to read a rightwing rip-off of The Onion.