Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-29 (Wednesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-29 (Wednesday)
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. May 2024, 03:22:42
On Thu, 30 May 2024 17:44:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

On Thu, 30 May 2024 10:40:00 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

On 5/30/2024 6:07 AM, shawn wrote:
On Thu, 30 May 2024 05:02:00 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
I watched:

You didn’t ask, which is OK because I didn’t watch anything.

Only thing I watched was TOP CHEF where Lara returned from the Last
Chance Kitchen and kicked butt. As usual some of the chefs had trouble
when they were asked to do something outside of their normal comfort
zone without restrictions. Some chefs shine when given freedom to do
what they will while others really like to have limitations placed on
what they can do. Seems to be something that has been true since the
very first season.

What did you watch?

Over the past couple of days I watched:

Ghosts - "Isaac's Wedding" - Season 3 finale Isaac plans to get married
but has second thoughts.  Meanwhile a vengeance ghost from the past
makes a reappearance.

If you are in the mood for a drama involving ghosts may I recommend
GHOST WARS. Just finished re watching this and it really shines on
this ultra wide monitor as it was shot in wide aspect like a film.

Inside Out (4K disc) 2015 Pixar movie that mostly takes place in a young
girls head following her emotions (Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, and
Disgust).  Joy (Amy Poehler) pretty much runs things and bullies the
other emotions into doing things her way.  She especially bullies
Sadness (Phyllis Smith), to the point of at one point drawing a circle
on the floor and telling Sadness to not leave the circle.  When the
girl's family moves to a new city the tension between Joy who insists on
forcing a positive spin on everything and Sadness reach a breaking point
with the two emotions accidentally being expelled from the girl's head
leaving Fear, Anger, and Disgust in charge while Joy and Sadness have to
make their way back to headquarters.  The movie holds up very well.

Pixar doing Pixar type things usually does well. Haven't seen this yet
but it's on my list. Sad to think that we may never see the good films
from them again if Iger has his way as Pixar is one of the places
where he plans to cut a large number of the staff. They can still make
some good stuff like the PIXAR POPCORN but the big films will be too
much to tackle.

The purge has been done. My friend there survived, but he says they lost a
lot of truly amazing people.

That was round one. There is supposed to be another round of thousands
of people released in September. (That is across the various Disney
companies.) There is a fight going over the number among the board and
Iger but it does look like they will be releasing more people in the
fall.

Somebody has to pay for the hundreds of millions of dollars that stinky
cheese Larson has cost them.

I wonder if anyone will pay for that mistake. LOL, as if that ever
happens.