Re: [OT] The mass graves that never were?

Sujet : Re: [OT] The mass graves that never were?
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. May 2024, 04:55:05
On May 30, 2024 at 4:32:43 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

The National Post seems to be saying that the whole story of mass
graves at the Indian residential schools was a massive hysteria based
on a very little.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/terry-glavin-canada-slowly-acknowledging-there-never-was-a-mass-grave

I believe the story of mass graves at residential schools was widely
reported around the world when they were first mentioned in 2021; it was
certainly big news here in Canada. Now, three years later and with many
millions of dollars of tax money spent on getting to the truth,
apparently not one of the alleged graves has been opened so not one
dead body can be confirmed, let alone the hundreds that were alleged.

As the article mentions, "denialism" - assertions that these "anomalies"
aren't bodies or, that if they are bodies, they weren't murdered but
succumbed to tuberculosis or other diseases - is essentially a
thoughtcrime in this country so I'm not going to say anything of the
kind in case someone decides to come after me. I'll just leave you to
read the article and come to your own conclusions.

One final thought. Given the massive amounts of money that has been
spent and the paltry amount of insight gained from this expenditure, a
reasonable person might wonder who benefited from these claims in the
first place?

Hey, at least y'all aren't paying $1 billion per EV charging station the way
we are!