What Did You Watch? 2024-05-30 (Thursday)

Sujet : What Did You Watch? 2024-05-30 (Thursday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. May 2024, 17:29:06
I mostly took it easy yesterday (I think I'm pretty much "recovered" by now, and felt pretty decent after my 1-hour mid-day nap!  ;>  ), and finished grading one paper, my final grading requirement for the year.
But yesterday was Thursday, which meant there was a new Lifetime movie at 8pm, so I also watched that, and caught up on the second (and last) Lifetime flick that I had missed when I was away in Canada at the wedding.
So, I watched:
soaps: (I'm caught up, so these were Thur's ep's.)
    DOOL - Ha! Lucas (literally) runs into the cute but EVOL!!1! (ex-)copette, Goldman - and he takes her down with Bear spray!! So Lucas and Ava abduct her (for interrogation). Harris runs down a lead (literally!)... Meanwhile, Alex has a session with Marlena, and decides to come clean with Theresa about the real status of their "relationship". Stefan offers Theresa a job at the Bistro. Kristen gets the haps from EJ (Kristen is suspicious that Sloan could have pulled all of this off alone!).
    GH - Sonny tells Dex that he is no longer a target. NuNuNuMolly finds out from Blaze that Kristina witnessed Sonny beating Dex. Sam, Kristina and Molly welcome Alexis home, as they are worried about her because of Gregory's death; later, Molly shares her dilemna with Alexis. Dumb Willow, being even dumber than usual, seems to talk Drew (and Michael) into Drew's running for Congress. (IRL, Drew is a *terrible* candidate, just coming off serving in jail for insider trading! Come on, writers!!) Maxie convinces Spinelli to move back in.
Cruise Ship Murder (Lifetime app, for movie that aired Sunday night) - This was... not good.
    It was... weird - it felt like someone was trying to create a new Hallmark Mysteries "mystery" movie series, but didn't know how to do it right.
    The first problem: this is from Hybrid Films (Vivica's outfit), and like most of the rest of Hybrid's output this felt cheap and poorly produced. So, this effort was too amateurish to even be of interest to Hallmark (Mysteries).
    Second, the ending played much more like a traditional Lifetime flick - IOW, the ending was way too violent to ever be acceptable on a Hallmark channel.
    Bottom line: This wasn't very interesting. Took way too long to get going. And despite the obvious attempt at misdirection, I thought the identity of the killer was pretty obvious.
    At least the (violent) ending kicked up a (small) notch at the end.
Daddy's Deadly Secret (LMN) - This was a pretty decent thriller. The ads partly gave it away, but to the flick's credit, there were some additional twists that the ads didn't give away.
    Sarah Allen plays a psychologist. She is married (the blurb said "engaged", but they seemed to be married, and not even recently!) to a bloke (Steve Byers), who has a 9-year old daughter with an ex-wife (Andréa Grant).
    Anyway, the daughter goes missing. When the cops look up the girl's ID, they come up with the ID of a woman who has been dead for 20 years! Who is this girl?!
    Of course, the plucky headshrinker ends up figuring out all of this on her own, but not before a murder or two (and, obviously, a kidnapping, or two!) along the way!
    So, this passed the time. Certainly better than "Cruise Ship Murder" did!
What did you watch?