Re: Multi day catch up from the past!

Sujet : Re: Multi day catch up from the past!
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. May 2024, 22:34:41
On 5/31/24 6:59 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Another post found in the outbox:
   Hey, thanks for asking!
 MERRY LITTLE BATMAN (2023) on the prime.
 Run, run like the wind.  Absolute garbage at every level. Garbage people
doing garbage voices, garbage people doing garbage character design,
garbage people doing garbage animation.
Awwww...

The fire stick and more specifically Plex offered me a whole bunch of new
things to watch this weekend. I’m not sure exactly When Plex took a dislike
to me.
  TRANSMORPHERS: MECH BEASTS (2023)
 I was sure none of these people were speaking English and were badly
dubbed, but it turns out they were speaking English but it’s still badly
dubbed. It’s like they recorded the table read and didn’t record any audio
on set And just ran the two unmatched feeds simultaneously.  I only figured
this out once top bill a star Tom Arnold showed up. Apparently this is a
sequel.  I made it about 10 minutes into this mostly because I was trying
to figure out what language they were speaking.
Yeah, I've seen cheapo flicks like this before - What is the actual advantage of dubbing/ADR in post?! It *never* sounds better than actually just recording the sound "live", on set!
I know Tom Arnold and Jolene Andersen here, and no one else.

MONSTERNADO (2023)
 There are all these tornadoes at see (which means they aren’t tornadoes),
and they’re full of prehistoric monsters (except they’re just bad, CGI
imaginary creatures), and apparently the dialogue is trying intentionally
to be stupid. Shot in a metric country where the steering wheels are on the
wrong side of the cars. It’s from the asylum!  And the supposedly
attractive women are men in drag.  Made it less than 10 minutes into this
one.
Wow - someone even lower-budge is ripping off Asylum!! (IMDb says it's not from Asylum.)
I know no one in this cast. Absolutely no one... Wait, I've run across Chloe Karr before - yeah, she's British, so I think this is a UK ripoff of the Asylum!!

THE SQUAD (2023)
 A bunch of not nearly as attractive as they think they are women are
psychotic drug brokers, and tend to kill their clients before they get the
drugs which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Acting and directing that’s
not good enough for an asylum film.  Made it maybe 20 minutes into it until
I realized I was literally slack jawed.
I actually have been wanting to see this for a little while (Meghan Carrasquillo, who has done Lifetime and Asylum stuff before, is in this, so I am morbidly curious).
Just noticed that Tubi(!!) finally has it - This will be on my weekend viewing list now!  ;p

The DVR treated me to:
 ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.
 MeTV showed the last few really terrible episodes of the series and then
began over with the good stuff. So far they showed the pilot, “Superman on
Earth“ complete with the good Lois Lane. Additional episode goodness will
ensue immediately.
 The DVR also treated me to an old episode of death Valley days, starring
Jack Mahoney, and his once and future wife, Sally Fields’s mother!
 Feeling a bit like dimensional traveler I ran the original 1961 VOYAGE TO
THE BOTTOM OF THE SEE movie to pull screen caps for the new voyage group
I’m in on the Facebook. Somebody was insisting that admiral Nelson‘s
office/cabin is behind the top row of windows in the bow. There are set
design similarities but there’s no way that’s where it is although it would
be kind of cool.
Was this off DVD? Someone gave me the DVD...  ;)
But I think there may now be a Blu-ray of this flick.

Coming up the DVR is going to finally give me S01E01 of the Kurt Russell
classic Travels of Jamie McPheters!